Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Kobold

Default Classic pet exp

Forgive my ignorance, but what does this change entail?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Orc

I believe it means you now have to out damage your pet to not lose half the experience.

Probably doesn't hurt magicians or necros too much, but will really suck for enchanters who cannot really do significant damage themselves.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960
Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Kobold

yep! enchanter here :P what if i kill my pet just before mob dies?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Kobold

...and they laughed at me for speccing evocation :P
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Aviak

so now we have to out damage our pet instead of doing only 1 damage to get full exp?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and they laughed at me for speccing evocation :P
are you fucking serious?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Kobold

dude thinks hes a genius
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Kobold

they laughed at him for maxxing wisdom

now whos laughing bitch. oh still you
Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Kobold

Lol ever stop to think that it is very easy to accidentally spec the wrong tree, especially to a newbie caster like myself, not to mention I might be being sarcastic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it means you now have to out damage your pet to not lose half the experience.

Probably doesn't hurt magicians or necros too much, but will really suck for enchanters who cannot really do significant damage themselves.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960
Don't you have it backwards? That link is saying that's the old way. Did this patch introduce the old way or something? I thought we had the old scheme, and that we had to outdamage our pets in order to get full XP.

Quote:
Pets and Experience � As there's still some confusion about how experience works with the new pet enhancements, I'd like to talk about it a bit more so that everyone understands. Here are the basic rules, along with some examples - Situation 1 - You are soloing and you have a summoned pet or a charmed pet (not including Dire Charm)- * If you do any damage to the monster at all, you get all of the experience. * If you don't do any damage to the monster, the pet gets 75% of the experience
Quote:
How is this different than the old way for non-Dire Charmed pets? In the old scheme, if a pet did more than half of the damage to a monster, it took half the experience reward. In the new scheme, pets take zero experience unless no player does damage. If no player does any damage, then the pet takes 75% of the experience reward This means that it's much easier to make sure a pet doesn't take any experience from you or your group. In most situations where a pet would have taken half the experience before, it now takes no experience at all.
Quote:
What's the bottom line? With the new rules, players get more experience than they used to with a pet in almost every situation. The only way you can get less than before is if you or your group don't damage a monster. As long as you do any damage at all, your pet will never take the 75% experience share. Make sure you do a bit of damage, and your summoned or regular charmed pets won't take a single point of experience.