Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Battlefield line of FPS are the most refined and advanced in the whole genre. Sound is amazing, style is amazing, graphics are amazing, everything about them is top notch.

If you're a cod fan there truly is no saving your soul.

Cod = Arbys
BF_ = Upscale Steakhouse with a fucking chucky cheese attached to it.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Kobold

The first modern warfare is one my favorite shooters of all time. Battlefield Bad Company is prolly my favorite battlefield game. Haven't liked a cod game over battlefield ever though.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

agreed, battlefield series has so good for so long and is certainly more refined than the CoD games.

Battlefield Vietnam was amazing, but my all time favorite shooter was gears of war.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Battlefield line of FPS are the most refined and advanced in the whole genre. Sound is amazing, style is amazing, graphics are amazing, everything about them is top notch.

If you're a cod fan there truly is no saving your soul.

Cod = Arbys
BF_ = Upscale Steakhouse with a fucking chucky cheese attached to it.
Completely agree... they really blew CoD out of the water with BF3, the graphics, the weapon selection, the teamwork (medikits, ammo resupply etc).

However, the game was let down by the 5 expansions...of which only 1 (forget the name, but involved warfare that included more tanks/helicopters/etc) was worth buying into.

Premium let it down, they just added in RNG selection weapon titles with ever so slight differences... and oh yeah, you could customize your camo a bit more :/

Private servers were a great idea for people wanting to customize the game they were playing, but all too often if you were "too good" for the admins team they'd either kick you from the server or force you to switch to their team so they could ensure victory every time they played. Finding a decent private server with good admins was a needle in a haystack, and proves why players shouldn't get a say in controlling anything in games like that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hopefully BF4 will address some of those issues, and they'll have expansions that are wholly innovative and worthwhile.. but count on EA to screw with your wallet a little more this time.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe... I did the beta. The one thing that pissed me off was how much easier it was to gun someone down from 1/2 way across the map with an AR as opposed to a sniper. Sniper has freakish fall off and lead. AR have little to none. Did they ever change that?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed, battlefield series has so good for so long and is certainly more refined than the CoD games.

Battlefield Vietnam was amazing, but my all time favorite shooter was gears of war.
Battlefield Vietnam was amazing before EA took it over. When it was independant (can't remember what it was called at the time) it was fucking fantastic.

If you missed out on it, check out Galactic Conquest. Modders put this out probably a 1 1/2 years after bf1942 came out but it is still an EXTREMELY well done mod. Honestly, better than almost all Lucasarts star wars games.

@Swish: I agree completely with the expansions but mostly just on the principle of the DLC. They were all well done but I felt ripped off that on release day I'm paying $110 instead of 60 - why not just release a bigger game? Also, gonna have to disagree with the which expansion was best. Armored Kill was terrible on XB and PS due to the size of the maps with the other expansions maxxing out at maps the size of Kharg island. Can't satisfy them all but at least mod it so it doesn't feel like you're releasing it for someone else.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Also I noticed too, auto fire is more accurate than manual bursting. What the hell???

Last I checked, Hyperion weapons weren't invented yet...

Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Screw all these new games.

Sniping on BF2 all day long.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnoll_pup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol was looking for some good screens of this to post here.
Closed Thread