Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb Dos the Left Hate Pride?

It is well established that the left has no genuine interest in liberty, detests responsibility and is averse to critical thought not unlike most of humanity in general. However beyond the left's favored state of failure and associated dependence, it occurred to me this morning that in the true spirit of self-loathing, the left most abhors pride.

What do you think?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

They take pride in self mutilation.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Why you so obsessed with transgenders?

But no, they are not prideful of that either, nor are pride parades about pride. If you are proud of a thing, you do not constantly seek validation.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Banned

I think, seeing like 1 or 2 LGBT flags only during the LGBT appreciation month only in the clubs that serve LGBT people vs the 200,000 rebel flags and Jesus Saves signs (everywhere all over) is indicative of the pride issues people have with themselves and their faiths.

My idea for a billboard.. imagine this...

Does it matter if its a boy or a girl? Picture of a cute baby. Nothing more said.

Could be for anti-abortion causes am-i-right?

I might also be a bit bootyhurt because you know, there are actual problems in the south that need to be addressed, rather than shoving king james bible verses into discriminatory laws that support one biblical religion over all others. U know.
Last edited by maerilith; 07-05-2016 at 10:22 AM..
Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Oh there are definitely turds throughout the political spectrum and anyone who attempts to foist their beliefs onto another is wrong. That is the problem I see with federal legislation on social issues though. Invariably a minority is oppressed. People seem to think it is great when it is a minority with whom they do not identify, but naturally cry foul when its closer to home.

I don't see how this is a Jesus vs. Gays issue though. I was just responding to Blitz's unreasonable comment on trannies. There are very few people who are actually proud to be LGBT, because it just isn't necessarily something to be proud of. It's like being proud of being white or brown or tall or short. That is of course not to say it is something to be ashamed of either. One can be and generally is indifferent to most things of his/her nature. My point about pride parades is that they seem to be more of an expression of liberation stemming from a mindset of victimization, which equally applies to the religious right and every other special interest group whining for special treatment.

This idea sprang from the observation that the left is perfectly willing and in fact eager to attack minorities who refuse to identify as victims, but it may just be that it is the case for any minority they disagree with /shrug.

Is pride bad?
Old 07-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh there are definitely turds throughout the political spectrum and anyone who attempts to foist their beliefs onto another is wrong. That is the problem I see with federal legislation on social issues though. Invariably a minority is oppressed. People seem to think it is great when it is a minority with whom they do not identify, but naturally cry foul when its closer to home.

I don't see how this is a Jesus vs. Gays issue though. I was just responding to Blitz's unreasonable comment on trannies. There are very few people who are actually proud to be LGBT, because it just isn't necessarily something to be proud of. It's like being proud of being white or brown or tall or short. That is of course not to say it is something to be ashamed of either. One can be and generally is indifferent to most things of his/her nature. My point about pride parades is that they seem to be more of an expression of liberation stemming from a mindset of victimization, which equally applies to the religious right and every other special interest group whining for special treatment.

This idea sprang from the observation that the left is perfectly willing and in fact eager to attack minorities who refuse to identify as victims, but it may just be that it is the case for any minority they disagree with /shrug.

Is pride bad?
When its extreme and all consuming and not in moderation yeah absolutely! I agree with you. It sucks when social issues become the perview of the overlords [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And one of the reasons I berg out so much, I hate seeing the LGBT shit in politics. Both ways. It's terrible. I want an emotional release from the powerless I feel when the power is in a politicians hands.

Why can't families focus on dealing with this stuff and being families?

I know mine is pretty cool about it.

Feeling momentary pride, being proud of ones accomplishments and ones dreams (be it graceful equity for all) or something else isn't that bad.

But when it becomes about superiority to another or a justification for ones superiority. It becomes dark. All things have the potential for good and bad.

I'm certainly guilty of being dark and prideful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I try to move beyond it with each moment I get so that I can worry about something else, or not worry at all.

Hmm let's wax philosophically.... about the metaphysical duality of our natures...?

One doesn't have pride without shame. One doesn't have hate without love, anger without fear, envy without admiration.

I don't know if it's wired into our genetic double helix to be so dual natured and binary. We could relax and be a bit more analog. Certainly not everyone suffers the imbalance of these emotions.

I think when we are hurt, one way or the other, it can cause a long term condition, and until we acknowledge and face for example our shame, we use pride to bandaid over it and that's when the pride becomes the most negative force rather than being in balance with the shame because we aren't able to face and acknowledge one or the other.

These issues can even apply at all levels to silly things, like instant cast wands in pvp.

I think facing this stuff is one of the biggest things we do for ourselves while we are alive to experience it.
Last edited by maerilith; 07-05-2016 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Ok no more edits for real sorry :(
Old 07-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is well established that the left has no genuine interest in liberty, detests responsibility and is averse to critical thought not unlike most of humanity in general. However beyond the left's favored state of failure and associated dependence, it occurred to me this morning that in the true spirit of self-loathing, the left most abhors pride.

What do you think?
Look an incorrectly constructed argument based on non-factual assumption. Par for the course.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look an incorrectly constructed argument based on non-factual assumption. Par for the course.
Just generalizations based on observation. You are an aberration with regard to the critical thought part, but you have to admit that you are surrounded by as many retards as you are fighting against. That is all just background though. The topic is pride. Do you think the left hates pride?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerilith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think when we are hurt, one way or the other, it can cause a long term condition, and until we acknowledge and face for example our shame, we use pride to bandaid over it and that's when the pride becomes the most negative force rather than being in balance with the shame because we aren't able to face and acknowledge one or the other.
I'll have to think on this because it really speaks to my observation. I view the behavior as shame driven like you are suggesting. Not saying pride is inherently virtuous, just that pride is confident, not insecure. Good post ^^
Old 07-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll have to think on this because it really speaks to my observation. I view the behavior as shame driven like you are suggesting. Not saying pride is inherently virtuous, just that pride is confident, not insecure. Good post ^^
Good points.

In response to your original point? Does the left hate pride?

I think it's a bit general and stereotypical. I can't really speak for the left. Because I myself don't exactly identify as the left. I don't hate pride. I think it's OK. Sometimes. Just like anything, pride can be used to make a point. Or to illustrate the struggle of a marginalized group. Or to share an idea (like that we should all love each other and things will suck a little less, a bit, sort of, maybe, kind of).

However I think a lot of people on the left probably do. Some obviously don't. I bet there's someone on the left that just hates that fact that they have to support anything pride related. But does it anyway. Because it's politically expedient.
Last edited by maerilith; 07-05-2016 at 01:30 PM..
Closed Thread