Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Bump cuz we be cool cats.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Banned

Didn't really have a good experience with BDA- do not recommend.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Aviak

I was never a hard core raider on Live. I was in a small guild that I loyally stayed in because that's where my friends were, and I missed out on a lot of content. I only played EQ through Velious, then RL took the front seat and I bid farewell to this fun game.

Fast forward to 2011. My best friend (whom I met in EQ back in 1999) introduced me to P99. We each made characters and goofed off together, reliving memories and enjoying the old zones. After a while, he suggested that we should join a guild so we could finally get to see some of the stuff that we never got to see back in the day. I demurred, and he went ahead and joined BDA. I took a break from the game for a few months, and when I came back he kinda pushed me to apply.

I joined BDA in early December. I haven't regretted it one moment since.
There are so many different personalities in this group, and they all seem to fit in with each other. Of course we get an asshat here and there, but without fail they eventually leave or get kicked out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] BDA is like a puzzle, and the pieces all fit together. (Yah, that was kinda lame, but hey, it works.)

Family? Yeah, they feel like my extended family. We joke around, make fun of each other, share in our accomplishments, and commiserate in our failures. We argue, we laugh, we hug (ok well I do, I'm a girl, and a gnome). I honestly love these guys and gals and have made a lot of friends here.

It's casual, yes. Raiding isn't exactly mandatory (unless you happen to be online when a raid is called, then you need to come help out or have a good reason not to, and believe me, the officers are very understanding). There is a batphone, which is optional. You don't have to log in x amount of hours. There is BDA Ventrilo, but again, you don't have to have it (recommended, though, even if you only log in to listen). I have a full-time job and a family, and I still manage to level and raid on a fairly regular basis without those other aspects of my life suffering.

If you are looking for a guild to see high-end content without having to make EQ your life, BDA may be for you.

If RL > EQ but you still want to see some cool stuff, BDA may be for you.

If you are looking for a fun group of guys and gals to goof off with, BDA may be for you.

If you are a social person and want a guild you won't be swallowed up in and remain a nobody, BDA may be for you.

If you are looking for some mad cyber, Yendor may be for you.

Bregan D'Aerth. It's what's for dinner.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was never a hard core raider on Live. I was in a small guild that I loyally stayed in because that's where my friends were, and I missed out on a lot of content. I only played EQ through Velious, then RL took the front seat and I bid farewell to this fun game.

Fast forward to 2011. My best friend (whom I met in EQ back in 1999) introduced me to P99. We each made characters and goofed off together, reliving memories and enjoying the old zones. After a while, he suggested that we should join a guild so we could finally get to see some of the stuff that we never got to see back in the day. I demurred, and he went ahead and joined BDA. I took a break from the game for a few months, and when I came back he kinda pushed me to apply.

I joined BDA in early December. I haven't regretted it one moment since.
There are so many different personalities in this group, and they all seem to fit in with each other. Of course we get an asshat here and there, but without fail they eventually leave or get kicked out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] BDA is like a puzzle, and the pieces all fit together. (Yah, that was kinda lame, but hey, it works.)

Family? Yeah, they feel like my extended family. We joke around, make fun of each other, share in our accomplishments, and commiserate in our failures. We argue, we laugh, we hug (ok well I do, I'm a girl, and a gnome). I honestly love these guys and gals and have made a lot of friends here.

It's casual, yes. Raiding isn't exactly mandatory (unless you happen to be online when a raid is called, then you need to come help out or have a good reason not to, and believe me, the officers are very understanding). There is a batphone, which is optional. You don't have to log in x amount of hours. There is BDA Ventrilo, but again, you don't have to have it (recommended, though, even if you only log in to listen). I have a full-time job and a family, and I still manage to level and raid on a fairly regular basis without those other aspects of my life suffering.

If you are looking for a guild to see high-end content without having to make EQ your life, BDA may be for you.

If RL > EQ but you still want to see some cool stuff, BDA may be for you.

If you are looking for a fun group of guys and gals to goof off with, BDA may be for you.

If you are a social person and want a guild you won't be swallowed up in and remain a nobody, BDA may be for you.

Bregan D'Aerth. It's what's for dinner.
Thumbs up!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can friend zone him after (; .

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can friend zone him after (; .
not cool bro
Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not cool bro
I <3 Yendor.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chest is a badass
Fixed that for ya.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Grats on VS !
Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on VS !
6 in a row! WTB more gnarled staves. Cobalt legs this last week; Mmmmm, beefy.
Closed Thread