Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, on live they had /dopropertinting but I'm not sure that works on the classic stuff (it was for Luclin, I think), or if it even works on p99. Please test it out and let me know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That does remind me, I'd love to make new armor graphics for stuff that's ordinarily just tinted versions of regular textures. I don't think that's possible, though.
Just tried it, it's only for Luclin models apparently.

I would LOVE for there to be new textures, so for some of the items that by default just have the same skin as another item even though their icon depicts a different look, they could actually be made to look more like their icon. Ofcourse I have absolutely no idea how this would be done or if it's even possible, but it would be really cool.

Anything to add to the unique look of different characters (beyond just having some of the textures be covered in a transparent color) is an awesome thing for me.

No matter what though, I'm super excited about this project. Is there a download available, if so does anyone have the link? I read the OP but didn't see any link to a DL.

Project 1999 Red
Old 05-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTr33z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter what though, I'm super excited about this project. Is there a download available, if so does anyone have the link? I read the OP but didn't see any link to a DL.
It is currently not available to the community until I manage to finish all the faces. Life's been pretty busy for me recently, though, so I still have a ways to go. That gives the others more time to fix weapons and things, so there's a silver lining to my slowness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is currently not available to the community until I manage to finish all the faces. Life's been pretty busy for me recently, though, so I still have a ways to go. That gives the others more time to fix weapons and things, so there's a silver lining to my slowness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah gotcha, well I can't wait to get it! Doing a great job so far.

Project 1999 Red
Old 05-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Large Rat

Any updates? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We all appreciate what the team is doing!
Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 AM
Banned

Great stuff here. Amazing work. Keep at it!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 AM
Sarnak

The p99 Texture crew cheerleader here. Back to say this shit is amazing and needs to go (at the very least semi) public [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<3 good work keep it up and hope everyone gets to taste the HD remastered Everquest.

Cure the people of p99 of their blurred vision!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:09 AM
Kobold

Good works boys ! keep going we love it !

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

We have Sorn chained to a computer with nothing but Photoshop installed. We've begun rewarding 1 muffin per face completed - 2 if the face had an additional hair texture - but despite this, progress is still slow. We'll keep you posted.

Currently at 174/207 faces completed.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have Sorn chained to a computer with nothing but Photoshop installed. We've begun rewarding 1 muffin per face completed - 2 if the face had an additional hair texture - but despite this, progress is still slow. We'll keep you posted.

Currently at 174/207 faces completed.
rofl they're doing A very great and complete job and it looks great
any know how long 175 faces took or a guesstimate on the remaining 33 ?
no matter how long this takes it will be used by me if as shown this is very cool.

is this just charactar textures only or will zones be done or looked at as a future project?
Last edited by JB_EQ; 06-03-2017 at 05:24 AM..
Old 06-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any know how long 175 faces took or a guesstimate on the remaining 33 ?
It's math time! Sorn started working on faces on January 3rd, and has since completed 174/207 faces. Since January 3rd, 151 days have elapsed.

174 / 151 = 1.15 faces completed per day

207 - 174 = 33 faces remaining

33 / 1.15 = 28.7 days until Sorn completes all of the faces, at which point we'll release

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this just charactar textures only or will zones be done or looked at as a future project?
Currently just character and held item textures. Zones may or may not be retextured as a future project.