Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Naw. If your group has proper support, rangers are the best group tank.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Banned

warriors have better mitigation

paladins have better snap aggro and group utility

monks and necros have feign death and pull better

every single other melee has better DPS except a paladin

so why exactly ever play an SK? to be a jack of a few trades?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
warriors have better mitigation

paladins have better snap aggro and group utility

monks and necros have feign death and pull better

every single other melee has better DPS except a paladin

so why exactly ever play an SK? to be a jack of a few trades?
Wat?

Sk's have Feign Death, have an instant invis clicky item, better race choices for tanking, the ability to kite, also have snap agro, and aren't pussies. DafuQ?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Agnarr is the best class.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

paladins also have access to shield of immaculate as a back slot item which is where i put mine
i also have a manastone another amazing paladin item
and i have the strongest paladin sword
paladins have the coolest armor and im allied to every faction because my wisdom is so high
Old 05-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

In terms of snap aggro, it's ranger > paladin > shadow knight in my experience. Flame lick edges out flash of light and both seem to need less recasting than disease cloud. If hybrid epics are included, aggro is still in the same order, only to a greater extent in favor of rangers.

HT is nothing compared to LoH but, even when resisted, it's still perfect for those oh shit moments where added push is needed in the last inches of a mob's life (pets are poorly positioned / stuns are being resisted). You can pretty much guarantee the mob won't gate or cheal, especially with Unholy Aura + HT which essentially allow you to insta ice comet a mob into the ground.

So you have a tank class with access to instant unlimited invis, an insta 1.5k nuke every 72min, three forms of FD, and can grab aggro at will, from great distances, while keeping HP up with lifetaps? Certainly not the best class but it gets the job done. If SKs were able not only to steal a mob's str, hp, atk, and ac, but also their mana and resistances, they would be better suited for small random PUGs but would also be useful on raids where malo/tash are being resisted; that would make them more of a war/chanter hybrid though. Having the necro rogue pet would have been nice for soloing as well, but cackling bones isn't terrible.

Still, playing as any other class, I'd rather have a paladin tanking in group situations mostly just for the additional heals but also for the buffs that the cleric probably won't have the mana to give other members of the group.
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-24-2017 at 02:31 PM..
Old 05-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

I think the problem with SKs is that the devs got lazy with their spells, taking the one armed warrior necro thing a bit too literally. The coolest thing they have going for them is massive dots and taps, which unfortunately were designed for a caster with unlimited mana and also suffer from long cast times. It's not viable for their group role. For the most part, their spell book begins and ends with disease cloud / shadow vortex.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Engulfing darkness too, though it gets overwritten by regular snare. But yeah, the cast times and mana costs of lifetaps are terrible overall for SKs, excluding life leech. It would have made more sense to have additional lifetap procs like vampiric embrace/shroud of death, along with more lifetaps over time like vampiric curse.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wat?

Sk's have Feign Death, have an instant invis clicky item, better race choices for tanking, the ability to kite, also have snap agro, and aren't pussies. DafuQ?
jack of a few trades, master of none

0 PvE situations in this game in which i'd prefer a shadow knight over another class
Old 05-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=KEWLGET;2529267]jack of a few trades, master of none

0 PvE situations in this game in which i'd prefer a shadow knight over another class[/QU. E]

SK's have an expanded tool kit. They can tank and keep aggro better than a warrior early game. They can pull better, can self heal, and feign death. They also arent nearly as gear whorish as warriors.

I'd prefer an sk over a warrior any day.
Closed Thread