Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I just attempted this at level 2 in the freeport newbie area. What I've found is using the hold click and strafe method I can safely apply my dot and never get hit. My question is, is selo's necessary later on for mobs with larger hit boxes than bats/beetles? I obviously don't have selo's at level 2, but I'm not having any issues getting hit.
I think the important thing is to take each mob out and figure out your comfort level and their hitbox range. For instance, if you kite out in North Ro, you'll find that those dune tarantulas have a larger hitbox than sand scarabs - or so it seemed to me. Doable, but you need to be pretty careful. But as falkun says, you simply don't kite giants and things with huge hitboxes. Those bad boys hit hard, and will rip you up a new one.

Good news is that most things out in EC are kite-able with the level 2 DoT. I was raking in everything that was dark blue to me. It'll require some practice with circling, swooping in, and applying your level 2 DoT though. Prepare to hit the floor a lot as a bard, or so I've found out playing one to 27 so far. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Aviak

I just learned how to do this again (been years). Wondering what you all use to pull the mobs, as bellow has a small range. Also Where did you all do it between like 18-30? Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned

Between 18-30 I did EK and to a much lesser extent SK.

I usually pull mobs via agro, but I have used dispells/nukes before.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Was doing EK, did like 20 mobs np, then did like 25 np, then did 30 and boom disconnected and dead =/. What mobs did you pull? So far i am pulling the wolves and the snakes not sure about the rest so i havent' touched them.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Kobold

I did FoB from 15 - 20, personally. You literally run around NE of Kurns and the mobs will come to you. Most of them have similar hitboxes and run speeds. It's heaven. I probably leveled every 45 minutes or so.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was doing EK, did like 20 mobs np, then did like 25 np, then did 30 and boom disconnected and dead =/. What mobs did you pull? So far i am pulling the wolves and the snakes not sure about the rest so i havent' touched them.
I did Gorge Hounds and Crag Spiders.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did Gorge Hounds and Crag Spiders.
Yeah so far I've found lions seem to have a larger range than the spiders, who have more than griffins, who have more than wolves, so wolves are easiest, griffins just as easy crags have to be a bit better about it, then lions are just a pain. Snakes are fine too but they green out fast.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by machin576 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
• L1-18ish: Field of Bone, great zone.

• L7ish: The bandit sister camp in GFay (location #3)

• L10-12ish: The orcs in LFay (locations #6 & 11)

• L9-15ish: Willowisps in NK, WC, or possibly Kerra Isle in Erudin’s crossing. Beware, Kerra does not have many flat surfaces and there is no zone lines if you need to reset, so probably not a good idea.

• L13-15ish: The Derv and orc camps in SRo or NRo, lulling the casters and taking them out solo afterward. I usually also went in the desert and grabbed some extra roaming undead/dervs. (locations #3, 5, 6, & 10; although more locations in the southern portion are orc camps. I just found those listed to have fewer/no casters.)

• L14-18: Field of Bone. Good spot North East of Kurn’s and a plethora of mobs to kite.

• L16-19ish: LOIO fields. (I did 17 off the skellies/lower level sarnaks between locations #4, 5, 7 & 9. I did 16-20 off the non-caster wanderers between locations #9 and 13)

• L18-30+: South Karana – Anything and everything. Beware of non-bard classes and their curious philosophy called “Camps”.

• L17-24ish????: Gorge hounds, undead gnolls, all kinds of delightful mobs. I need someone to add some input on this zone, since I have never kited it.

• L20-26: Iksar outcast camps in WW and the lower level field portion of OT. (WW locations #B, 9, 10, 11 and OT field between locations #5, 6, 9, 10). OT is off-the-charts exp at this level range. If you can gather up the whole area, you are looking at ~45min/level during this range.

• 26-28The EXP really started to slow down in OT, so I headed back to WW and continued on the iksar outcast camps there. Was slower, but I didn't have to spend half my kite gathering up LB mobs.

• 29-30: I am doing this portion on the Drolvargs in FV. I have to admit, this range is by far the most dangerous I've done so far. The drolvargs are larger than most MOBs I've kited so far, and therefore have a larger hitbox, while I still have to be within 35 measurement units to hit them with my 18 dot. I have really perfected my distance/selo's speed, while also dieing much more than I would have liked in this level range. I gather up yellow/blue drolvargs while avoiding froglocks (especially casters) and other red dogs. It's actually not that hard to do. On this map of FV, I gather drolvargs from the area surrounded by points #3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and A on the map, and then I take them back towards the NorthEastern Swamp of No Hope zone line as there are no wanderers back there. I'd recommend only pulling a few until you perfect your skills, as I have gotten stunned and 1-rounded (or even not stunned and one-rounded) more often than I'd like to admit. These dogs can take me to probably 35 or so, but I think I may try to find some MOBs to kite that aren't quite so deadly. The good news is I can sell/bank without zoning.

• 31-40: I went back to OT and started kiting the Western/Southern areas of the zone. Basically any blue-red mob (besides dragoons) between the Outpost, SF, FM, the center valley and location #10 on this map of Overthere is fair game. I do recommend you pull only cockatrices, tigers, and cacti. They all move at the same speed. Rhinos move faster, but selos is much faster and a rhino-only kite would certainly work. Some Sarnaks cast, and I'm moving way too fast to check names to see if I'm about to pull a caster or not. This post shows some kites where I had probably 50+ mobs in my kite (figuring 1-2%/kill, and I know I made 100% of a level for each of those 2 kites). You can make some pretty awesome pulls. I've pulled so many that the dot spam insta-crashed EQ to desktop (creating a crappy CR).

• 40-46ish???: Dreadlands, drovlargs. Hopefully Hmo will come give some inputs on which walls of Karnors he used, etc, etc.

• 46-52ish: Spectres in Feerott or Oasis

Kind of stumped after this. I did all my kiting in Velious on live after level 30, so not the best source for this information.

Also, does anyone have any information on TD, I remember being there on live, doing Aviaks or raptors maybe? I cannot remember what level they are.

This list is in no way exhaustive, so feel free to add to it and repost it.
Hi all,

I just want to add that i did level 10 to 13 in WC killing everything BUT kodiak and ghoul as they con red. At 13 I moved to Sro and made it to level 14 in 2 ae kite. Both WC and Sro are like paradise. I have to admit that i did not try ae kiting in other zone of that level BUT.... you get my point.

Perhaps we could start a page on the wiki about zone to ae kite and at which level to do so?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Aviak

CoM Floor 1 is amazing xp from 50-57ish. You have to tone down pulls b/c the space you have to safely round your mobs up is obviously less than in a true outdoor zone. 10-20 at a time is best. But the xp is retarted, it's like AE group xp....solo. You don't know how bad I wanna pull a reaver train and kite it down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This was the best screenshot I could get because their corpses poof so quickly, but yeah, in this kite I had both raptor islands.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread