Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

OP, i gonna break it down for you.

99% of people who say go all sta are thoughtless sheep who dunno how to have fun and don't wanna look odd to the rest the sheep.

The other 1% are nerds who think they stumbled on some sorta profound truth an use it to stoke they withered egos.

do 20sta make a difference? sure, but then so do 20agi. is the difference from one greater a impact than the other? sure is. will you find that either gonna make THE difference at any regularity? heck no. do it really matter? no, not unless you seeking some sorta validation. do what you wanna do :3
Old 07-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

With end game raid velious gear + level 60 buffs... starting stats mean nothing.
Just starting out with mediocre gear and being non-twinked... those starting stats mean the world.

It just depends on how far you plan to take that character. I said re-roll iksar I stand by that. I think STA is a solid option for people who don't have a guild willing to feed them gear.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackattack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting stats mean literally nothing.
Unless you're a min/maxer, and then you'd delete a 35 Human Monk to reroll as Iksar and put all of your starting points into STA.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you're a min/maxer, and then you'd delete a 35 Human Monk to reroll as Iksar and put all of your starting points into STA.
this true too. understand though OP, the difference is very very small between starting stats, but there is a difference. iksar regen make a tangible difference that you can actually see in normal gameplay. in late game it mean you not hafta stay feigned for as long if you tryin to navigate difficult places and need regen some health. still not anywhere close to a must have, it just mean you gonna have to spend a extra mend to get back to full hp as a human than an iksar. BUT, you not hafta look funny.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Another thing to think about with the 80hp the Sta would give you is it adds another 20hp to your Mend, so it's basically an extra 100hp at the end of the game.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really don't seem to understand the reason why even small increments in STA/HP are important.
I understand - I just refuse to smoke the min/max crackpipe. If you're chasing magelo supremacy 20 stam to starting stats. If you're a realistic player with half a fucking brain cell ... you'll acknowledge that 20 stam be it 80hp or 160hp (in the grand scheme of things) is nearly 100% irrelevant. 20 stamina never made or broke anything.

Is it worth repeating levels 1-35?

Rofl ...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-27-2017, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely don't reroll if you're sticking with a human as stats don't matter that much. If you want to be an iksar for the regen (which is pretty OP), that would be understandable.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a realistic player with half a fucking brain cell ... you'll acknowledge that 20 stam be it 80hp or 160hp (in the grand scheme of things) is nearly 100% irrelevant.
This is cognitive dissonance. If you have any brain cells, you'd know that the stats that matter most for a Monk are STA and then STR, so those are the skills you'd put points into. There's no way to justify not putting the points into STA other than lack of knowledge or inexperience. You state that 160 HP is "100% irrelevant." It's not. But do you know what is 100% irrelevant? Stacking any other stats on a Monk. There are starting stats that will benefit you, especially in the end-game (STA) and there are starting stats that actually will be irrelevant in the end-game (everything not STA). It's pretty straightforward.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand - I just refuse to smoke the min/max crackpipe. If you're chasing magelo supremacy 20 stam to starting stats. If you're a realistic player with half a fucking brain cell ... you'll acknowledge that 20 stam be it 80hp or 160hp (in the grand scheme of things) is nearly 100% irrelevant. 20 stamina never made or broke anything.

Is it worth repeating levels 1-35?

Rofl ...
I thought the whole point of the server was to repeat levels 1-60...
Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

HP regen is fairly significant anytime you're taking damage considering it's equivalent to having extra gear slots with raw HP in them. Same can be said for Stamina. If I had an extra gear slot to put a Djarn Ring in, I wouldn't be making up excuses to leave it empty.
Closed Thread