Old 07-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

my only post on this this...
P99 should be a documentary video.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my only post on this this...
P99 should be a documentary video.
Its really an insane story and journey, if you actually were able to get candid posts/info from the real conspirators.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the time tmo broke , the oldest former active members of the guild was me on vonhammer , and portsche.
I was around!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Only thing to really take from the history is that limited content, long respawns, too top-heavy playerbase and stagnated content = bad times.

You can point fingers at BDA or IB or TMO or whatever A/A for ruining this and that, but ultimately these things always lead to people poopsocking dragon spawn points/zerging. Someone will do it at some point, since they want the loots just a little bit more, these and those are greedy and don't deserve it as much as we do, so they take that extra step further to be more likely to get it, then the rest follow suit, until everyone's sitting on the spawn point poopsocking it. Casual rotations were great since they proved it. People get along being nice for a while, but eventually it happens.

If you want to solve the problems and everyone to get to slay dragons without socking it or merging into 100+ player batphone zerg forces, it's either gotta be a GM enforced massive server-wide rotation that means ridiculous half-year waiting lists, or some semi-instanced weekly repop stuff.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to solve the problems and everyone to get to slay dragons without socking it or merging into 100+ player batphone zerg forces, it's either gotta be a GM enforced massive server-wide rotation that means ridiculous half-year waiting lists, or some semi-instanced weekly repop stuff.
Here's another solution. GM enforced dissolution of all raid guilds. If you want to raid, you have to join the new server raid guild <The People's Dragon Raiders>. There's no ability to rotate becaues it's always one guild getting all the dragons. You can raid as much or as little as you like but never will you be denied by basement lurkers.

Instead of using DKP to award members the chance to get loot, a system similar to DKP is implemented, but it's very different because of one fact: Mobs no longer drop loot.

Nilbog will implement a custom code that gives you an item every time you get a raid kill. It's called Big Boy Buck (BBB) and operates like a point of DKP.

As I said, you don't bid your BBBs to the officer core... because that Trak you just killed? No loot. That's right, he didn't drop anything. Instead, you have to go to a new Quest Mob that Haynar will implement. There's one in every major city. Her name is "Mommy" and she will crow about how proud of you she is. Mommy has quest text dialogue so that you can trigger various rewards with your BBBs and all you have to do is go to the right Mommy who awards the items you want and then turn in your BBB after queuing appropriate quest text.

Furthermore, Rogean will implement a system where every time you earn a big boy buck (kill a raid target with the People's Dragon Raid Guild), a /ran 1000 is rolled. If you roll 990 to 1000 you also get a piece of loot that would normally be on that target's loot box. This will keep the hardcores addicted while still allowing for casual comrades to progress and get the items they truly desire (like getting a telephone in north korea).

I now realize I have just described the LFR system implemented by Blizzard in Cataclysm.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's another solution. GM enforced dissolution of all raid guilds. If you want to raid, you have to join the new server raid guild <The People's Dragon Raiders>. There's no ability to rotate becaues it's always one guild getting all the dragons. You can raid as much or as little as you like but never will you be denied by basement lurkers.

Instead of using DKP to award members the chance to get loot, a system similar to DKP is implemented, but it's very different because of one fact: Mobs no longer drop loot.

Nilbog will implement a custom code that gives you an item every time you get a raid kill. It's called Big Boy Buck (BBB) and operates like a point of DKP.

As I said, you don't bid your BBBs to the officer core... because that Trak you just killed? No loot. That's right, he didn't drop anything. Instead, you have to go to a new Quest Mob that Haynar will implement. There's one in every major city. Her name is "Mommy" and she will crow about how proud of you she is. Mommy has quest text dialogue so that you can trigger various rewards with your BBBs and all you have to do is go to the right Mommy who awards the items you want and then turn in your BBB after queuing appropriate quest text.

Furthermore, Rogean will implement a system where every time you earn a big boy buck (kill a raid target with the People's Dragon Raid Guild), a /ran 1000 is rolled. If you roll 990 to 1000 you also get a piece of loot that would normally be on that target's loot box. This will keep the hardcores addicted while still allowing for casual comrades to progress and get the items they truly desire (like getting a telephone in north korea).

I now realize I have just described the LFR system implemented by Blizzard in Cataclysm.
Amazing. I nominate Filbus as Supreme Leader of Norrath. Let's make this happen.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amazing. I nominate Filbus as Supreme Leader of Norrath. Let's make this happen.
Only if he wins his fight tomorrow night...
Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because this isn't RNF I won't troll at all.

From what I can tell no guild on this server is devoid of loot corruption. But I don't know what it was like to be in Rampage at the time because I wasn't in it. I was however, raiding against them once the Forsaken/Asgard alliance started.

It was quite obvious some of the core members had nearly complete BiS (even some that didn't track). Meanwhile, all those that joined in Velious (when I started playing in a Casual Guild) were dicked, even those that tracked. Like those that left, tracked a bunch and won mobs against Forsaken/Asgard, and then didn't get their sleeper robe.

So my assessment was -- I think fairly -- the core got theirs and they didn't owe anyone jack (because they did the vast amount of the work) so they left.

What isn't talked a lot about is how Hoku basically had a melt down once we started contesting him and was negotiating rules with Detoxx (mediated by Sirkin.)

He basically already won the big race and didn't want to sit there 6 mo later fighting for it. So his guild died. But that's what happend. It's not like everyone had a big guild discussion and they all quit while uncontested.

From the perspective of people like me however, we were just getting started in Velious (having not farmed the previous expansion for 2 years -- which still sounds terrible to me). Rampage seemed to fall apart the minute they weren't getting all the best stuff 100% uncontested. They were clearly skilled but their guild model was a dated Kunark model that didn't hold up in Velious.

Edit: Let's face it...It was just timing. They could have easily never stood a chance if it weren't for the TMO ban hammer. Tiggles might still be here telling people to Deal with it.
Tiggles ? Tiggles was just a forum warrior wich did more hurt than good for tmo , and probably the worst Rogue i ever seen .He aswell goot loot because*friendship* and *services*.

About gear .... Do you realize 3 server first loots of vulak ended in ex tmo players , wich joined rampage? if i recall first katana was for Briefs , op got think the eyepatch and i got the Axe .In fact a old sk member of rampage went nuts i won it over it and quit .Thanks Nissmo for encouraging me to make a bid for it . man u always managed to rise my spirit up

And we got it fairly early . in the time we got there , yes there was QQ about players and loot, nothing new under norrath sun .

Rampage could had keep going but for what, in the end it would had ended like tmo did or ib, was a popular decission? no it was not .

Tmo lost the core , yet people step up and tried to keep up. i was always pissed people did not gave credit to Fazlazen for the job he did when Darkdeath and zeelot went mia for months and guild lacked direction and the pwoer struggles btw some officers and loly going psycho. and still lasted for years , i respect hokushin call for it,He was a guild leader i respected as player and as person.(and when drunk he had a very funny voice wich i loved).

He did much better than Zeelot and in a good manner and with respect.

Back in the day i had a long talk with fingerz about duality of this game , u can be in a guild and think the other ones are shit or arses, then because destiny is a wild bitch u end in the other side and u found people are not as bad as ur mind make em to be.

And to be honest , after years having to take shit because of certain tmo players wanted to wave their cocks in rnf and mock other players i enjoyed the no rnf and forum drama of rampage the most ,

To make a example , the player wich leaked coldbloded pic , i loved that guy but i though it was one of the most disgusting shit i ever witnessed in a videogame .

Or that bda Freak calling alarti while on his job to insult him?.

Garanted i was the one calling aliens from another dimensions to screw over people , but some people realy crosed the line.
Last edited by Arteker; 07-27-2017 at 11:15 PM..
Old 07-28-2017, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

7 year old video game drama.. I can't imagine anything less interesting. You might as well be arguing about who had the highest score in minesweeper
Old 07-28-2017, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or that bda Freak calling alarti while on his job to insult him?.
Missed that one but got me smilin' hard now

Jesus I don't miss alarti on these forums
Closed Thread