Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I must say cities with lots of cobblestone etc. look extremely nice with the larger resolution images, but it seems as if something is still missing file-wise, as the grass textures appear to not be changed. I distinctly recall exclaiming to a buddy of mine in tells about the crispness of the new ground textures in butcher when I installed Luclin back in the day (on Live).

It may just be that the larger ground textures weren't made available with the trilogy set, but were present on the Luclin expansion CDs. From what I've read, SoF comes with the newer textures but the Titanium install does not, despite the fact that the initial changes were made a few expansions before the Titanium pack.
I just tested this out for myself, and my ground textures have been completely changed over, grass and all. :)
Old 02-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Huh, my eyesight must be giving out on me!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Large Bat

Seeing as I have both Titanium and SoF, does that mean I can bypass the Trilogy download and just copy the s3d files from a SoF installation for the higher res textures?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toboggan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing as I have both Titanium and SoF, does that mean I can bypass the Trilogy download and just copy the s3d files from a SoF installation for the higher res textures?
Your best bet would be to view the file size of a random zone, say Gfay, .s3d file and see whether or not the file size is bigger in SoF compared to Titanium, if the size is the same then you wont see any differences, if bigger its probably the same as the trilogy.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Kobold

I'm torn, I think the upgraded textures are a perfect addition to the game. On the other hand I want to be able to show my screenshots to people and them think "was that really taken back in day"?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonyor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm torn, I think the upgraded textures are a perfect addition to the game. On the other hand I want to be able to show my screenshots to people and them think "was that really taken back in day"?
^ This. why would you want this? This is classic eq. Its surposed to look crappy.
Darklotus [60 Rogue]
Cranial [55 Necro]
Cheechx [52 Ranger]
Chongi [52 Mage]
Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I like it. I always thought if Sony ever made an EQ Classic server they could just polish up the graphics a bit, and that's all this really is.

My big question is can any other older models be scavenged from this? Could this fix the female High Elf with missing parts of her head? Or the helmets with visors that have just a colorless gray texture where the eye-hole should be? Or the halflings wearing plate with holes in it?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

before/after screenshot as requested

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Ok do not try this with a live up to date patched game folder.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I coppied all the S3d files from live and backed up all the s3d files in my p1999 eq folder and replaced them with the live coppies. Almost every mob in the game is a naked male human... Coyotee's, Scarabs, Mummies, specs, sg's, skellies, bears, wolves, cats, hg's and who know what else. However the Croc/gator graphic was normal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

This is NICE! Great find Psycher! Only thing I dont get is, why would the textures from Trilogy be BETTER than textures from Titanium? It's like ass-backwards lol
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 02-02-2010 at 11:35 AM..