Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Default Rogue weapons velious edition, BIS, second, third etc

Has anyone made up a spread sheet of these, ratios, best combos or had the time to parse various? I haven't really seen any hard data on it, most of what I know is what ive parsed personally or parsed others with. I have epic/claw/primal/vyemm fang/kreizenns flame and a few of the other weapons to play around with. I keep hearing that ideal BIS is mrylo dagger(updated or non updated?) with claw offhand, and proc primal, dump epic entirely(seething fury without raid buffs + primal seems to give what 80 atk?) I haven't tested to see if thats due to non max str or what or anything.

was just curious if someone had a sheet of the lists of ratios, obviously varies boss to boss due to high AC low AC targets so might be a lot harder. If anything I would like to hear opinions on weapons. Mind you I am from red so tunare will most likely never die but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear about her dagger. I am interested in strict PVE combinations as well as PVP.

I recently popped into ToV on blue, and i was surprised to see many rogues using the dozekar quest tooth as a weapon and not a range slot. I am not sure if this is for the 41% haste option or because a lack of vyemm fangs(better stats imo, 1 less delay) but you need the haste elsewhere ie doze bracer or other.

any opinions, or personal parses with weapon setup on boss is appreciated. I can dig up some of my old ones I have hundreds of MBs of logs of virtually every fight minus tunare. I do like the fang in old world, or kunark due to its insanely fast auto attack damage and near max damage hits. the max backstab is about 80-100pts lower but still worth it imo.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

Hit quantity > hit quality. Mob AC for Velious raid targets is so high hits skew heavily in favour of min damage so a low delay weapon is best. Current BiS setup is Vyemm fang + Eashen claw, with Vulak dagger replacing the fang once it's been buffed.

As for Doze daggers, they're just easier to come by because white tears are more common than Vyemm fangs and Vulak daggers. The haste is nice but there's plenty of 41% options that it shouldn't be a deciding factor.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:52 AM
Fire Giant

Maybe I will have to parse fang MH again, I used it almost nonstop for PVE for about 2 months before I got a primal then I went back to basically lazy manning with epic primal 50% of the time, and swap in claw post proc when dps was needed bad. I agree with the quantity vs quality. Most bosses due to AC your going to be hitting min backstabs regurdless so why not do it with a 13/17 main hand faster auto attack damage then a 15/25 thats going to pierce/bs almost as low.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Aviak

I am currently using epic/ exquisite spear. What would be the next upgrade I should look to get?
Old 05-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently using epic/ exquisite spear. What would be the next upgrade I should look to get?
Depends on your guilds status, and your own bankroll. If youre not a filthy casual you can get some weapons that are mentioned in this thread, but if you are , then you should just be happy with what u got now. You know what weapons are upgrades to what u got comon you mustve looked on the wiki atleast once.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Aviak

Yeaah; I guess I did, and I know. I suppose I was just hoping for a weapon to bridge the gap between the exquisite spear and the claw of lightning.

But deep down, I knew the answer. And I guess it really comes down to whether I want to leave my casual guild for... something else
Old 06-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

^yeah Sorry to say but there are not many weapon upgrades for Rog that exist outside of ToV and Primal. My Rog has the three medallions in bank, but I dont see any reason to go to VP at all, the RSSS is hardly an upgrade on Exquisite Spear and cannot be used in Mainhand on High Ac mobs. (SoW sword way too much dkp).
There are 2nd tier Rog stabbers in ToV that I could imagine go semi cheap in A/A, like Flame Etched Short Sword, Frosted Ice Spike and perhaps Ikatiar's Stinger and Dragonspine Rapier - not sure about the Proc on Rapier how that works/doesnt work out for a Rog. Would like to hear an opinion on Dragonspine Rapier from a Rog that has it.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

I've got a dragonspine and claw of lightning. Rage / dragonspine seemed to be comparable from what little testing I did.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

What about the proc(Kylie's Venom - snare component) seems kinda dangerous raid wise?
Old 06-02-2017, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Not if you are evading properly.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Closed Thread