Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Banned

Unless you are a warrior - it is my understanding that Dex and Agil are essentially worthless.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Dex is important on ranger for epic procs and bow crits. Beyond that, yeah, pretty useless stats.
EQ's biggest scam was making people think that stats matter. It's all flair to make people keep paying a sub.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Banned

Believe IVY proved that STR is the stat that dictates bow crits but this was awhily ago.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Dictates atk with bows and I'd like to see that data again. Should be dex though.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Aviak

I just spent time and in game money on getting my dex up,, im a monk and want to see my Wu's proc more now that im 35'. So.... "Does Dex help weapons Proc?"
Old 07-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Does Dex help weapons Proc?"
Yes, but that's not truly useful on a non-tanking class. You would have probably been better served improving your haste or adding STR to raise your average hit. Or even more HP/AC to survive longer. Or more MR to resist fears/roots/stuns.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe IVY proved that STR is the stat that dictates bow crits but this was awhily ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dictates atk with bows and I'd like to see that data again. Should be dex though.
Ivory proved that, on P99, STR dictates your attack with bows, and DEX affects crit rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Does Dex help weapons Proc?"
A lot of people believe that DEX has no effect on proc rate, but they are just misinterpreting patch notes. Procs are per minute, not per swing, but DEX increases your procs per minute. I used to play with a shaman that would never give me DEX buffs because the patch notes convinced him that it was useless, even though it increases your chance to land a hit (in pvp) and increases your procs per minute (in general).

You can EASILY test this, just by taking off your DEX gear or clicking off a buff and parsing 1k swings. Mob/skill level do not have an effect on proc rate, as procs can go off even on a miss.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 07-11-2017 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 07-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Dex improves your proc per minute (not per swing)
Dex does improve your chance to crit (ranger with bow or warrior otherwise)

Str affects both your global attack (chance to hit and hit harder on the DI 1-20 roll) along with modifiers to how much damage you do

Regarding melee dps ... warriors are the only ones who should functionally care about *dexterity* for the proc rate. There are exceptions for rangers with BFG burning trueshot on a named. At that level of gameplay, however, both dex and str are easy to cap with buffs. In general a ranger should care more about str than dex on p99. Even in the case of root/rot/bow kiting, str probably pays off more in the long run.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-11-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 07-11-2017, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding melee dps ... warriors are the only ones who should functionally care about strength. There are exceptions for rangers with BFG burning trueshot on a named - but in general a ranger should care more about str than dex on p99.
Did you mean Warriors are the only ones who should focus on DEX? Because Rogue backstab has a STR modifier.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you mean Warriors are the only ones who should focus on DEX? Because Rogue backstab has a STR modifier.
Yeah I edited out my error.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread