Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long has velious been out? ....
If they were going to do it they would have done it already
wth are you talking about. The patch will come out when they think it's ready. PERIOD
Velious has been out for ~2 years now. They're not releasing patches every single month they release them when they're ready. So if you don't know what you're talking about don't confuse people. PLEASE

I kinda wish people would stop talking about this patch, it's going to be a cluster fk in game when it drops.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

Chardok 2.0 + melee patch + testing/beta is a big patch.

Staff arent invested enough anymore to finish it up imho (they donate their time remember).

Hobart and co spend more time on alkabor server than p99. P99 is a terrible community as far as eq communties go so it's undsrstandable why some of the dev's dont care.

Just an educated guess really.

Also the game functions as a whole without that patch so why bother spending 100's if not 1000's of hours of dev time doing it??
Old 07-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Buncha noobs. Of course these patches are coming out. 5 years ago the doubters said Velious was never coming out. If the last 8 years has taught us anything, its the dedication this staff has to this server. Goblin backwards, is after all Nilbog.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wth are you talking about. The patch will come out when they think it's ready. PERIOD
Velious has been out for ~2 years now. They're not releasing patches every single month they release them when they're ready. So if you don't know what you're talking about don't confuse people. PLEASE

I kinda wish people would stop talking about this patch, it's going to be a cluster fk in game when it drops.
Dude it's been 2 years. If you were working on a project for 2 years you would confirm to your player base that yes it's coming you're just not sure when. Silence means you're not working on it you're still thinking about it
Old 07-12-2017, 02:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not only is it a melee patch, its also a caster patch. I don't have all the info in front of me but they basically make casters not worthless on raid targets, generally lower targets resists, and I believe make DoTs stack and Critical Spell Hits a thing.
All things that would be great for the health of the server.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude it's been 2 years. If you were working on a project for 2 years you would confirm to your player base that yes it's coming you're just not sure when. Silence means you're not working on it you're still thinking about it
yeah cause posts made by dev's referencing Chardok revamp never happen.

Quote:
This was patched in some time ago and will be removed with the October patch (chardok revamp). I hope to get some sort of classic-like cleansing event coordinated with the GMs.
^Not sure how to quote from closed threads, but that's Telin from December 2016 referencing the NK plague being removed when Chardok revamp comes. Telin has also referenced the event in L. Fay coming soon in a post made just last month.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
newfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly, Thank you! Obvious sarcasm in case the reader of this doesn't understand sarcasm.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-12-2017 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Newfag
Old 07-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^Not sure how to quote from closed threads, but that's Telin from December 2016 referencing the NK plague being removed when Chardok revamp comes. Telin has also referenced the event in L. Fay coming soon in a post made just last month.
I stand corrected, see how hard that was kids -I don't live in these boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
newfag

Exactly, Thank you! Obvious sarcasm in case the reader of this doesn't understand sarcasm.
You're such a fucking clown baler, you should probably turn your PC off and go outside, put the sandwich down.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I stand corrected, see how hard that was kids -I don't live in these boards
If only there was a way to search them.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks may not even be getting triple attack, no one is exactly sure what the plans are in regards to the end of the time line and what's considered classic and what's considered Luclin prep.
the original patch notes from way back when state something like "after much evaluation and testing, weve determined monks are gimp as shit".
Its basically referencing to how level 60 monks were getting their shit slapped around in dps by low 50 rogues (even though officially it was in reference to mob vs player)