Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in Nihilum and I killed you and your friend when you were new to the server on my twink cleric in Crushbone. There are scumbags everywhere.
PvPing on a PvP server is not being a scumbag, and is not the point I'm trying to make in this thread
Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-I will not be naming any characters or the guild which tried to train us as this is not a thread intended to do damage (even though they probably deserve naming and shaming) but to give some positive advertisement to the other guild involved as they genuinely surprised me due to all the negative press I read-

So I was in Unrest last night in a very awesome full group which contained a certain very well twinked character whom I will not name. We were happily camping away in the fireplace room within the estate when another incredibly well geared fungi twink Iksar logged in.

Immediately, upon him logging in, our super twink engaged and proceeded to chase him out of the manor towards the zoneline. He called for us to help him but due to the speed at which everything seemed to happen a lot of us seemed apprehensive about making an enemy of this twink and only 1 of us helped.

After our twink and the mage from our group killed the Iksar I began to ask a few questions and wondered why our twink had opened up a can of whoop ass on him without hesitating. He proceeded to tell me that the Iksar was a known boxer and griefer of the server, something which he expressed his hatred for. Our group agreed with him and we continued to hunt.

We continued to XP and converse when eventually the question "What guild are you in?" was brought up. It wasn't until our twink replied "Nihilium" that I was almost speechless. Everything I've read and heard about this guild is negative, I see people Prasing OOC when a Nihili dies and people speak of them generally as if they are scum. Yet here I was in a group with a guy who up until that very minute had been nothing but pleasant and shared similar views and ethics as any upstanding P99er. Something just wasn't adding up.

5 minutes later our Nihili twink alerted us to someone who had just zoned in, stating that it was the Iksar's main and that we should be careful. I did a /who all and sure enough the Iksar had logged off. Literally seconds after I had hit the enter key the entire top floor, courtyard and basement of Unrest came teaming through our room training and killing most of our group... I sent the trainer a tell saying

"I know you're that monk that was killed by our group, but it may interest you to know that only 1 of our group chose to help him kill you, and even if we had all decided to gank you - PVP is legal, training is not"

He replied some BS about he wasn't the Iksar but a friend of his who had just come to pick him up but he had logged off, and that he was camped downstairs and hadn't realised that he trained - a likely story.

Why share all this? Genuinely I was surprised last night. I had a pretty clear picture of who I thought were the "Good" and "Bad" guys on this server. Based on nothing but 1 public RMT ban and a load of hear say. I'm not trying to say that everyone in Nihilium are saints, but judging by what I KNOW to have happened last night, I will seriously be questioning the morality of the other guilds and wondering if I judged this book too early.

TLDR Version

Grouped/PL'd by a great guy and awesome twink who turned out to be Nihilium.
Nihili twink kills other Iksar twink pretty much 1v1. (Some help from a non twinked mage)
Iksar twink logs in main and trains our entire group.
Left wondering who the real "Good" and "Bad" guys are
After being on P99 you can literally smell a Nihilum PR Troll, the air carries the distinct smell of maple syrup as they pass by.

But anyone with critical thinking skills can ascertain the level of bullshit in this post.

A. So you claim to be new to the server, didn't know they guy you were grouped with was Nihilum till he told you, BUT knew the twink alt tagged as ,<Star Cops> or <FOH>
had an Az/Hot/Ensidia main. Mmmkay sure.

B. Your story reads like a Drakar fiction awarded novel. No names involved, no screenshots, nothing to verify this claim.

If you didn't already have a main in Nihilum I'd suggest you join. And don't forget to bend over, Strydur likes to greet new recruits from behind.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Banned

Fullard is doing a lot of good work already... with him and Gongshow behind the curtain, this could turn it around for Nihilum.

The Duke has already helped out Gyno (a real patriot) after he got jew sacked too.

Big things happening in the family baby, I like the new leaf being turned over.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Ok I genuinely don't have a clue what point A is trying to say??

The second Iksar alt wasn't tagged. But the main who trained the zone on us was... and I purposely didn't include names because I didn't want this thread to turn into a witch hint against the person/guild that trained. It was more about the positive experience from a guild which has been painted to me as being a set of scumbags.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shitty people on both sides. Great people on either side.

What it comes down to is do you want to see the server thrive with competition or all pile into the same guild because some guy was nice to you in unrest.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Banned

Oh they were scum bags alright, you missed what it was like with any kind of real competition.

Things got so competitive at one point that the space time continuum briefly lapsed and 84 days happened within 2 weeks. Long story, just truzme.

Pras Fullard.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

and yikes, have to agree with syft post on this one, feeling sticky just from reading op
Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Nihilum killed my mother and raped my father.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 07-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, everyone posting anything remotely nice about someone tagged Nihilum is a secret member or nuthugger.

And you guys really wonder why the Nihilum machine keeps humming along? Not sure if srs or dum.

Amazing how a guild that doesn't form on the premise of destroying Nihilum, doesn't post garbage on the forums and shit up OOC manages a 70 man raid after 2 months.

So keep crying about this being a 1 guild server but do everything you possibly can to keep it that way. Fucking retards.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, everyone posting anything remotely nice about someone tagged Nihilum is a secret member or nuthugger.

And you guys really wonder why the Nihilum machine keeps humming along? Not sure if srs or dum.

Amazing how a guild that doesn't form on the premise of destroying Nihilum, doesn't post garbage on the forums and shit up OOC manages a 70 man raid after 2 months.

So keep crying about this being a 1 guild server but do everything you possibly can to keep it that way. Fucking retards.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Closed Thread