Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

I"ll tell why you never replied, cuz it was your OPINION, you have no proof of "what was intended". Even under server news there are no patch notes, so quit talking out of your ass guineapig. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Man, what's your problem? I don't check the forums when I'm not at work so I'm sorry that I don't reply the moment you post something.

Your original statement included a fair amount of opinions:
Quote:
This has effectively made my enchanter no longer fun to play
Quote:
but to make pets completely useless is going too far.
So what are you trying to to prove?

1.) Your pets are not completely useless.
2.)The reduction in pet agro was done on purpose.
3.)They will tinker with how much reduction that should be until they get it right.
Where exactly do you see an opinion in these statements? I guess you could argue that my first statement is open to interpretation but in a game like this if your pet is doing damage then it's not completely useless so I stand by that comment.

I don't generally play a pet class yet I still heard about these changes fairly quickly. You think I just made it up to piss you off? I don't even know you.
If you weren't being so rude I might have taken the time to search for quotes and links for you but quite frankly you inspire no desire in me to do so.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-23-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok we're derailing this thread about other things. Granted. Back on topic. I want pets fixed, not bandaids to temp fix or work around a real problem. My chanter is not playable, ie enjoyable to play as intended any more. that's the point of this thread. Yes I can root everything and then use whirl...that however, isn't the way I was playing before this bug was introduced to pet aggro.

You know when the server first launched pet classes gained full exp without having to land a single spell on a mob, this enabled pet classes to AFK level with impunity. They put an end to this after a few months.

My point is this, by your logic, if you were posting this last spring instead of now you would be complaining that other mages were able to AFK level so why not you.

It's a flimsy arguement. Nerfs happen just as they did on live. This game is about risk/reward. Pet classes tend to have the least amount of risk when soloing with the most reward. They are trying to balance things out a tiny bit and they will continue to do so regardless of what your comfortable with.

Plenty of changes have been made on this server that many of us were unhappy with they they were implemented. The only difference is that most of us did not react you are right now, demanding that things be done the way you deem fit.

Nothing personal man, but this is how I see this thread. They have limited staff with limited time and work for free. Not everything works 100% perfectly the moment it's implemented. Maybe if more people would beta test and properly document bugs about beta then things wouldn't go live in ways that piss people off.
Take a step back and have some patience.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-23-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2.)The reduction in pet agro was done on purpose.

Where exactly do you see an opinion in these statements? I guess you could argue that my first statement is open to interpretation but in a game like this if your pet is doing damage then it's not completely useless so I stand by that comment.

I don't generally play a pet class yet I still heard about these changes fairly quickly. You think I just made it up to piss you off? I don't even know you.
If you weren't being so rude I might have taken the time to search for quotes and links for you but quite frankly you inspire no desire in me to do so.
The #2 there was what I was referring to. Since I never saw actual patch notes on what got changed or why. I only saw some hot fix notes. I wasn't being rude, if I was trust me you'd know it. I saw you post on a few threads after I asked my question so I assumed you were purposelly ignoring this thread, if that's not the case, then I'm sorry. Still, my question is what are you basing what you said on if not your opinion? did you see a dev post this somewhere? Because I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Alright then, as long as we are cool.

Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you are all experiencing the same issue as Pyrocat?

Working as intended then.
taken from this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=pets&page=2

The thread was from February 6th and the last post was on the 19th, three days before you started that enchanter animation thread. I didn't remember exactly where I got the info originally but I knew I got it from a dev.
Anyway, I searched for you and found the exact quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets/NPC's have been fixed to use a set amount of aggro for every swing, regardless of hit or miss. This aggro amount is approximately 15% of the NPC's max possible hit.

Sitting aggro has been changed to increasing the current hate of the player by 10%, and adding half the player's level.

Low HP Aggro now occurs at 20% or below. It adds the player's level to their hate, and then increases hate by 50%.

Server patched, test changes.
I originally just assumed it was from a patch note but turned out to be in a random thread.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-24-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday at level 35 I could pull anything with Tashani and my animation would take agro before I could run back to my camp. I'd have to turn and cast slow or stun just to get the mob back to where we were fighting. Not sure why the OP is experiencing something different.
i was getting this too ~ casted a nuke to agro halving the mobs hp , tash, whirl, slow & back up 3 steps my pet had agro lol