Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Skeleton

Default Rare/Uber items, look inside!

Last edited by Lootmule; 06-13-2013 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: Updated list again.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lootmule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just curious if this book, the pieces required for it or the quest to attain it should even be in the game yet?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious if this book, the pieces required for it or the quest to attain it should even be in the game yet?
I was wondering that myself, somehow I think it is correct. The Fiery Avenger quest was always sort of half-baked prior to them releasing Kunark/PoA, as I recall. I don't think it was finished until the epic quests were released though.

It saddens me to see what is effectively the paladin epic on the trading block before kunark is even released, however. No offense to the OP.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wondering that myself, somehow I think it is correct. The Fiery Avenger quest was always sort of half-baked prior to them releasing Kunark/PoA, as I recall. I don't think it was finished until the epic quests were released though.

It saddens me to see what is effectively the paladin epic on the trading block before kunark is even released, however. No offense to the OP.
ehh? Musk was the first ever Paladin server wide to have a Fiery Avenger on live and it was well before Kunark was released.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ehh? Musk was the first ever Paladin server wide to have a Fiery Avenger on live and it was well before Kunark was released.
Perhaps my timing is wrong, but I do remember the quest being broken (or thought to be broken) for a very long time. But I'm pretty sure the books were dropping during that period and were part of the suspected quest.

I didn't think they fixed it until Kunark, but as the quest ends on isle 4, I suppose it's reasonable that they fixed it when PoA was completed.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

I am interested in the Bladestopper.

I pm'd you the details/questions.

Finawin and Finawins are my characters, obviously.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Orc

The Fiery Avenger is actually not the paladin epic, but rather a precursor to the epic Fiery Defender. The FA is obtainable once PoA opens. Though I am also not-so-sure Naggy and Vox were dropping the books before PoA went live.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Fiery Avenger is actually not the paladin epic, but rather a precursor to the epic Fiery Defender. The FA is obtainable once PoA opens. Though I am also not-so-sure Naggy and Vox were dropping the books before PoA went live.
Yeah, I know. I completed the quest. But the books are, for all intents and purposes, the epic. Everything else is fairly trivial.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I know. I completed the quest. But the books are, for all intents and purposes, the epic. Everything else is fairly trivial.
not sure why you think this. Miragul is no walk in the park. He is like a mini Maestro. The other 3 sigils you need to get the fiery defender require near full raid help. the book for all intents and purposes is over 50% of the Fiery Avenger, I'll agree with you on that, but its not the case with the epic.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure why you think this. Miragul is no walk in the park. He is like a mini Maestro. The other 3 sigils you need to get the fiery defender require near full raid help. the book for all intents and purposes is over 50% of the Fiery Avenger, I'll agree with you on that, but its not the case with the epic.
Epics are Kunark. Difficulty at level 50 therefore does not apply.

Miragul is a 15 minute exercise (travel excluded) for a group of 60's, or maybe 2 groups of level 50's. The hardest part of Miragul is convincing 2 groups of guildmates they should run all the way to everfrost.

I soloed everything but Lucan for my soulfire in my mid 50's (I did the quest when I was lower level - obviously needed help, but created a few extras later on for raid use CHeals) and soloed even Lucan at 60. He's a pushover.

Ghoulbane is money. Nothing special. There are some turnins that require coin, again, nothing special.

PoH breastplate may require a "raid" but it doesn't require a boss kill; and in kunark era, Hate is often raided in "open" raids and this drops off of trash mobs. Trivial.

The hole takes a group, but if you know what you're doing you can be in and out in less than an hour. Fighting down to that guy is for chumps.

PoA turnin takes a raid as well, but it's isle 4. Big deal. People are always looking for more to do much higher islands for their epics.

PoF turnin merely needs the zone to be partially cleared. Go in with a wizard friend after someone has cleared for cazic, do your turnin, and port out. Or just go with an open raid.

The books are the epic. I'm very well aware of what this epic takes. Yes, the other parts take some friends. Yes, they involve some time spent. However, they involve no rare drops, no difficult kills, no heavy organization.

I started to write up what a pain it was to get the books from such "open" raids (as I did), but I expect you know. And if you don't, be glad. If you're part of a top guild that will be downing Gorenaire/Talendor regularly in Kunark, then maybe the books aren't a big deal. If you're the kind of guy that plays casually... well, I'd come up with the 60k if I were you.
Closed Thread