Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

Default KFC faction

When killing Aviaks in SK, you get a faction hit. On live evil aligned chars were KOS and good aligned chars were dubious by default, but the faction was static. there never was a hit for killing them.

Now I havn't killed too many off'em so I'm still Dubious, so can't tell if its just a message or you really DO take a hit.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Buy more popcorn chicken to raise kfc faction

Vouche for "how it should be." I recall no faction hit
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

There was a faction issue with the aviaks a while back where the faction hits would drop you to KoS extremely fast. This was not how it worked on Live and was petitioned and fixed.

You do eventually drop to KoS from dubious but it takes a long time, were talking at least a 100 kills or more.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dali_lb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When killing Aviaks in SK, you get a faction hit. On live evil aligned chars were KOS and good aligned chars were dubious by default, but the faction was static. there never was a hit for killing them.

Now I havn't killed too many off'em so I'm still Dubious, so can't tell if its just a message or you really DO take a hit.
Yep, this bug has been targeted a few times now since October but has yet to be fixed. In 1999, hunting South Karana aviaks did not yield a faction hit.

I killed hundreds in my late teens and early 20s in that first summer of EQ and never became KoS. No faction message was ever given, and I was continuously conning 'dubious'.

Keep in mind though, that the KFC acronym is often considered to be tied to Karnors, when this is definitely only an SK aviak issue.

Edit: a link to Allakhazam's limited discussion of "Aviak faction":
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/db...ml?faction=135
Last edited by Datante; 04-25-2010 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: added link
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed there was never a faction hit, i levelled my monk from 17-27 here and he was always dubious, used sneak behind the merchant up top to sell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I played quite a few levels on original EQ and two things i know for sure, there was no factions hits for killing aviaks in SK and all were dubious except for trolls, ogres and DE which were attacked on sight.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind though, that the KFC acronym is often considered to be tied to Karnors, when this is definitely only an SK aviak issue.
KFC acronym is tied to and only to Classic EQ, South Karana Aviaks "Kentucky Fried Chicken" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even as a non US player I got that pretty fast, but some might not get it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed there was never a faction hit, i levelled my monk from 17-27 here and he was always dubious, used sneak behind the merchant up top to sell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Any faction hit from killing Aviaks in South Karana shouldn't be there.

And btw, thanks Omni for the 5ac/55hp rings yesterday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Aviak faction:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/db...ml?faction=135

Held by Aviaks in Lake Rathetear Only.
Tadaa!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

i was somehow bugged it seems . i killed from lvl 20 to 30 only chicks at tree and never got kos . other players told me they ruined their faction . i did get a faction hit but didnt get below dubi .
Closed Thread