Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Kobold

Default Deepwater Harpoon

I did the Deep Six Cutlass quest tonight, and it worked perfectly!

SO I went to continue on to do the Deepwater Harpoon quest, I did everything as stated on Allakhazam: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=621

After getting the potion of marr from Senra Tasknon, I went to OOT spoke to Styria Fearmon and said "Where is Sentry Xryin" , she then spawned Sentry Xyrin on the spec island as she is suppose to. I then hailed her and followed through the text. I gave her my potion, she took it, no response text and she didn't move to the spec's as intended. She just stood there.

Still waiting to see if she moves, it's been 10minutes now.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
You have to get the bottle from the Temple of Marr and then bring the bottle to all the 8 guards in alphabetical order. The guards and the order are as follows:

ANDLIN (Walks around outside wall);
BORIS (Downstairs stationary);
GALLIUS (Outside by front door);
JANEAL (Downstairs stationary);
MEIGHAN (Outside by front door);
THEO (Patrols inside on upper levels);
WARREN (Patrols inside on lower levels);
XYRINN (final sentry in OoT).
So you said you did everything as stated?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Edit: I forgot to add that I DID do part 1 (which is the pre req. to finding her), although on live you do NOT need to get the Potion of Marr to get her to move. But, seeing that this isn't live I went and got the potion made and handed it to the respective Sentry's only to have Xyrin take my potion with no quest text even after following through all the correct answers. Below is a detailed overview of what I did:

Yes, I went to North Freeport, followed the quest as directed. I handed in the potion to each Senty in Alphabetical order. Once I finished all of them and was down to Xyrin, I went to OOT. Ran to the one of the sisters, said "Where is Sentry Xyrin" and she spawned at the correct location.

I then hailed her, followed through the text, and after she said she needed the potion of marr to help her, I gave it to her. I received NO experience, NO dialogue, nothing. She just stood there. I waited about 30min and nothing happened. THEN, I went and killed her, and spawned her again this time following through the quest text and STILL she didn't move (this time without giving her anything because she ate my last potion of marr).
Last edited by Mmohunter; 04-30-2010 at 04:23 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Kobold

User error [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] my fault. I missed 1 small step. Returning the empty bottle to the quest giver BEFORE heading to OOT. Sorry for making you waste your time if you looked into this already.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Orc

The quest works well overall. The only problem I encountered (on my first attempt) was having Xyrin drop the Harpoon below the world where I could not get to it. On my second attempt, I had Xyrin despawn in a flatter area where she dropped the weapon perfectly. Enjoy the unique 'piercer' look on your paladin!
Closed Thread