Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default new to project 1999

I played on Vallon Zek and Tallon Zek servers back in the day. Im tired of the jumping from game to game and just want to settle down in EQ and have fun.

I am looking to play a Paladin and was wondering on advice. Should I make a druid first to twink him? Do a lot of people 2 box in this server still?

I was also wondering if the hit point increase after every level is greater when wearing high constitution items like it was back in old school EQ?

Also is a Paladin worth anything for a raid and is there pvp in this server?

thanks for any help
Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Kobold

Two boxing isn't allowed on this server. If you want to make a character to twink him first I would go with either a necro or mage. I'm not sure if you mean you got bigger gains when you had more stamina when you leveled or if you mean you get more hp per stamina point at higher levels? Yes, paladins are worthwhile and there are some reds running around but it isn't anything like VZ/TZ.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

1) Mage or Necro would be better if you absolutely wanted to twink out another character
2) You should just start the paladin from the beginning unless you're interested in having the other character anyways
3) 2 boxing is not allowed.
4) I don't remember wearing +sta gear working that way ever in EQ. If it did, it doesn't anymore. (your hp will go up if you put on sta gear, and back down if you take it off)
5) Paladins are great
6) Only consentual duals/arena, I believe a red99 server is in the works that will emulate one of the Zek rulesets. I have no idea when it may release.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

thx guys good info. Im glad two boxing isnt legal its more fun that way.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Agreed, grouping is the lifeblood of classic EQ.
Closed Thread