Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Don't you think it's more important to worry about fixing some underlying 'problem' that is causing socking
Yes. Which is why we asked for FFA on simulated respawns. Changing Mages to Rangers will not fix this underlying problem you speak of.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Socking exists because it's the winning strategy. Only two things have been proven to eliminate socking:

Class R Rotations and Simulated Repops.

Don't want people to sock? Have them work out who gets the dragon ahead of time or give them more targets than they can possibly handle.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

This isn't EZp99 stop trying to give everyone and their grandpa free merbs.

Never seen a more ridiculous, tldr, spewing of what people think rules are about in my life. The answer is to do what they did on live, and stop lopping on 200 rules. Feel bad for new players having shit ruined by old players who complain because they don't know how to improve w/o free handouts.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you think it's more important to worry about fixing some underlying 'problem' that is causing socking rather than worrying about whether or not people are playing Everquest on a calculator or Falcon-nw.com.

I'd rather someone having a SSD or being Rogean's roommate as the 'X' factor in raiding that auto-fire/poopsocking/1000 alts, etc...
Underlying problem is lack of content, and I'm not sure how much more betaing will help fix that.

Other problem is people not wanting to do a complete share (rotation), so we have competition which is what we are trying to compromise on.

If we get variance reduces greatly, people will only have to track for a 30-60 min window. To combat socking you implement a set of rules that say you can only have X in zone and only these 2 May go for FTE.

What you're suggesting just means 1 person is forced to sit at character select screen and way for a batphone. Or far more likely, play, then /quit and swap to their char select screen of an IP exempt account. Just another flavor of tracking. It just favors those who want to sit at char select or those with an Ip exempt and those with the fastest SSD.

Orrrr put everyone on the same footing, foot race from a given start point. Remove all the inconsistencies listed above.

Again, cucumber and I are confused. Elaborate on what you mean about short variance and long windows. Cause if you're against reducing variance the whole thing is moot and we are no better off than we would be staying with CotH ducking. Which I pray isn't the case. I can't fathom anyone prefers 16 hour variance to 1 hour variance.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-31-2014 at 12:03 PM..
Old 10-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't EZp99 stop trying to give everyone and their grandpa free merbs.

Never seen a more ridiculous, tldr, spewing of what people think rules are about in my life. The answer is to do what they did on live, and stop lopping on 200 rules. Feel bad for new players having shit ruined by old players who complain because they don't know how to improve w/o free handouts.
The lack of rules only worked on Live because there was at most 3-4 guilds able to kill the content in the entirety of Kunark+Velious.

This server has 10-12 guilds capable of clearing Kunark, and that's all we have for content. Verant mitigated the issues that have popped up here by continually releasing new content every 9-12 months, allowing those top guilds to move on and let the older content be consumed by the guilds who were more casual.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

So then compete. Make steps toward competing. Stop expecting things to be handed out or instanced. This isnt WoW, this isn't new MMO's. Everyone has an excuse for everything these days; it's embarrassing.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Aviak

So here's an idea that isn't classic but gives a raid environment that might feel more classic. When a raid target spawns, you get ported to a random druid ring / wiz spire and have to assemble from there. Warriors have a 50% chance to end up in OOT. That last part is a joke...kinda.

PROS
- Creates a race with true mobilization being the winning factor.
- Eliminates the poop sock.

CONS
- Takes some coding.
- "Not classic bro"

The last point I'd argue against since, in most cases, our current raid environment doesn't resemble anything classic (oddly I do remember some bullshit douche-baggery in NToV, but nothing before that so Velious probably won't fix anything).

It's no secret that the server population knows when a raid target spawns. People are obviously willing to fill up their socks till the poop runneth over to track these. So why not cut the shit and just put everyone on the same ground competition wise. If a mob spawns in off-hours, your bigger/more hardcore guilds are still going to have the best shot at it (which is the way it worked in classic).

I just don't see any other options to solve the current problem with the number of raid capable characters on this server. It's not a classic situation and there will not be a classic solution.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So then compete. Make steps toward competing. Stop expecting things to be handed out or instanced. This isnt WoW, this isn't new MMO's. Everyone has an excuse for everything these days; it's embarrassing.
There literally aren't enough mobs to compete over - there are so few targets that it takes very little effort to monopolize them all - less than 50 people with 2-3 level 60 characters has been shown to be all it requires. That's why the raid scene changed because Rogean was tired of the monopolizing that went on for years.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

At this point Scoresby GM's should just full wipe both servers and restart them; because the majority of population (aside from anyone who has joined in the last few months) is being RETARDED.

Acting more entitled than any MMO server community I've ever been a part of.

The amount of people being crybabies about wanting free dragon items isn't even measurable. I'd rather read about someone's Crushbone camp being KS'd.
Last edited by Clark; 10-31-2014 at 12:09 PM..
Old 10-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Foot races will turn stupid pretty fast too. Imagine VS: 10 to 20 racers all piled on the corner of the wall with auto-run on, waiting for the tracker call to face left slightly and rush to the room. Also the first person at the sweet spot gets an edge, because others cannot stand at the exact same spot. No thanks.

Using rangers only as racers outdoors because they have the longest range? No thanks.

How do you deal with Trakanon to give everyone a fair shot at him?

It's all poopsocking anyway, treat the disease instead of the symptom: C/R, FFA on repop.

"Oh noes, unacceptable, class C shouldn't get less mobs" There are more R guilds and less C guilds than before. Ratios need to be adjusted anyway.
Closed Thread