Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

So your selling point on red is:

You will level faster (not classic), and due to this faster group leveling (again not classic), you won't PvP at all. You have to avoid certain zones (some of the most iconic dungeons) because twinked PKers and their level 60 healer friends will run you off.

So you're encouraging them to come over, not PvP, just because of faster leveling. Oh and by the way you can't enjoy certain zones leveling up because of neckbeards.

I dunno, on blue stuff generally is localized and drama isn't aired in public channels. On red though, you see all sorts of racial and homophobic slurs in general channels.

It's pretty clear why red population has and always will be terrible. Even with the high end game being the way it is on this server. It's vastly superior to a PvP server with broken exp, item loot, item recharging, OOC and all sorts of other things.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 group XP is seriously insane. It's so strong that you don't normally pvp people at your same level because you would rather group with them than be hostile.
This is a pvp server, right?
Old 11-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

1. The red server isn't trying to be a classic emulation server

2. People on blue try to xp as fast as possible - not inviting classes to groups so they can exp 0.3% faster? people buying plvls?

3. I am saying that you can choose to pvp or not usually. The amount of twink PKs is very small and you can avoid them if you want. This is response to the claim that on red you are going to be spending most of your time on a corpse run (even if you get PKed, there is a LNS policy)

4. Not only am I saying that you can XP faster, group lvl faster, and choose to PVP, but all the item camps you are looking for are probably open as well. JBoots? 6-7k on blue99 and 3k on red99. Why? AC is up all the time. The market on red is driven by the buyer and not some RMT camper

5. I would rather pvp for 5 minutes and LNS for another 5 min than wait in line for 5-6 hours and then not even get the camp that I was waiting for because some higher lvl guildie of the original camper decided to cut me in line. Crazy, I know.

6. The red99 population is low because there is a lot of trolling on the forums from 1% of the red99 population. This causes people to think that the entire server is like that, but it really isn't. Sure OOC is very trolly, but you can separate it out in chat and minimize the channel.

7. In my leveling on red, I have found that there is a far larger portion of the population that is willing to help you out and be kind than on blue99. While leveling up right now on blue, a majority of the population is going to be a dick twink. Sorry but it's true.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Last edited by toolshed; 11-14-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. The red server isn't trying to be a classic emulation server

Sorry but it's true.
That is all I needed to know. Thus why no one is interested :/.

Quote:
» Welcome
Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Kunark expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.
To start playing, use our Setup Guide on the left.
I'll leave that right here.
Last edited by Daldaen; 11-14-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Let me turn in my book to the POD and become non pvp and I will join up today.
Thanks pals!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is all I needed to know. Thus why no one is interested :/.
I was born and raised on a pvp server, so pvp is an integral part of the classic experience for me.

Maybe that's why I have an affinity for solving disputes through pvp rather than lawyering, fraps 100% of the time and treaties that are as long as the Marshall plan after WWII.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Lol, its funny now that the way to entice people to red is to tell them:

1. not classic server.
2. don't have to pvp
3. two weeks to sixty
4. all the gear and camps you want.

sounds awesome. you guys on red hardcore man, hardcore
Old 11-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Maybe that's why I have an affinity for solving disputes through pvp rather than lawyering, fraps 100% of the time and treaties that are as long as the Marshall plan after WWII.
The man makes a great and vaild point
Old 11-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Lawyering and negotiation takes far greater skill than PVP and is far more rewarding. I can understand why some of you would be intimidated by it.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

You can dispel necro healing recourse on both servers, people love it

try red
Closed Thread