Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dual weilding 2h weapons. Not prolly gonna fly.
H
Why? Its classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried mod for damage before. Not well received. But can see what opinions are again.
H
On red 99 this feature already works at lower levels. Low lvl necro pet will hit for low 20s with a 11 damage weapon.

The impact of this is way bigger at low level then at higher levels, so I don't see why making it work at higher levels would be received badly.
Last edited by derpcake; 08-01-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 12-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Bump for mage pets dual wielding weighted axes. Let's play some classic EQ.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Bump.

Weighted Axe should be equippable by pets through Velious. It was not until far later on when they added the NO PET tag to Weighted Axe and Di'Zok SlowStaff
Old 02-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Fire Giant

bump it up! Super Pet seems fun.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.

Weighted Axe should be equippable by pets through Velious. It was not until far later on when they added the NO PET tag to Weighted Axe and Di'Zok SlowStaff
Old 05-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

I know that pets would do the same damage regardless of weapon but would accept the weapon's speed. This was nerfed real early in the game.

But notice it didn't gimp their damage when you gave them the fine steel dagger and they hit for the same during that period ... just really fast.

I do, however, remember pets being given 2 handed swords and doing more damage at low levels.

Take from that to theorycraft what you will. That shit is confusing.

Dual wielding 2h or a 1h+2h is classic tho. Makes those finesteel 2 handed staves a little less worthless.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

basically if your pets a weakling (low levels) then you could actually increase their damage by giving them a higher damage weapon. for example your pets hitting for 8s you give him a 2h with 10 damage, he'll start swinging for 20. that ratio never seems to scale its usually (weapon dmg x 2) but then once your pet starts hitting for 20s naturally, then theres very few weapons left in game to boost damage higher than that. in classic most people wouldn't be giving those to their pets that would die in a few minutes.

so ya, in classic weapon damage did matter, to an extent, but weapon speed mattered also. I guess the only question I have is would a 2h weapon actually slow their attack speed? or was it like the damage factor where it could only increase speed if it was lower delay than their natural delay? (just like giving pet a 5 dmg sword doesn't Decrease their damage output)

also can someone quote me the proof on dual welding 2h being classic? id like to see that. the only way I could see it work is if 2h went in primary and then 1h was in offhand, because no way the game would let it equip a 2h in the offhand. just like you cant equp a shield in the primary
Last edited by Grimjaw; 05-14-2015 at 06:24 PM..
Old 05-15-2015, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also can someone quote me the proof on dual welding 2h being classic? id like to see that. the only way I could see it work is if 2h went in primary and then 1h was in offhand, because no way the game would let it equip a 2h in the offhand. just like you cant equp a shield in the primary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelzrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you mean... THIS:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or THIS:

OR THIS?!?!?

Dude came out of the woodwork to put the prof down for me. RE-spekt.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

I definitely remembers pets with dual scythes, and giving my lowby necro weighted axe for pet pwnage. I suppose they're letting this go non-classic because they consider it imbalanced?

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely remembers pets with dual scythes, and giving my lowby necro weighted axe for pet pwnage. I suppose they're letting this go non-classic because they consider it imbalanced?
It's really not that imbalanced. You need to actually carry the weapons on you, they get eaten when the pet dies, the pets still have to live through fights, with the increased damage they do they are eating 50% of your EXP each kill when solo, trains that force you to zone will make the weapon a wasted turnin.