Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Aviak

Default FTE is Fing stupid

As a preface, I'm posting this up here in the hopes that it won't go into R&F. First, once it goes there BDA steps out of the discussion, second I'd like people to see it who have opted out of R&F. I'd appreciate it if people would not muck up the post. Or if they do, for the moderators to trim the crap and let the discussion continue.

Ok, so it seems to me that the whole FTE thing is stupid. I can't imagine how anyone thinks it's fun to kill a boss and have a GM step in and say, "Oh, well bob landed the first blow, and even though you did 90% of the damage, his guild gets the loot."

This has presented itself in a number of cases. BDA has done it to TMO, TMO has done it to BDA, and honestly if any of the smaller guilds were on the ball they'd be doing it to both of us. Recently, there were close to 100 people sitting on their asses in Trak's lair for hours waiting for him to pop, with the loot going not to which guild actually managed the kill but the guild to which whoever of the 100 people happened to get on the hate list first belonged (as it happens, the server farted and TMO recovered faster and got the kill. Grats to them). But it has also shown up with TMO losing VS to BDA on a FTE snipe and BDA losing Trak to TMO on a FTE snipe (more than once that I was present for).

Now in my overinflated sense of importance and my thought that the ragefire rotation came out of my post http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ghlight=Llabak . In that light, I would like to propose another solution in the hopes that people can get behind this and make the end game experience more fun for everyone.

So I propose a similar system to what we had for ragefire for other endgame mobs. Ideally it would be for all epic-item-yielding mobs, but at least for the ones that cause the greatest headache. Perhaps just VS, Trak, and Inny

Rotation:
TMO
BDA
Open race

rinse/repeat. Should there come to be a time where a third guild is competing for endgame mobs, fit them in.

The catch for this would be a 20 minute engage time (or 20 minute head start for Hate/Fear). This will mean that the "on" guild doesn't get free mobs. It means that guilds will continue to need to track. It means that guilds will need to mobilize effectively to engage and bring the target down efficiently, and if they can't, another guild will get the kill

The benefits are several:

1) The end of the poopsock. If there's no FTE snipe, there's no need to park people on spawn point to get the kill. It was stupid to have half a dozen or more clerics clicking the wall hoping to get the turnin and spawn ragefire. It's even more stupid to have 10 times as many people just sitting there.

2) The end of the FTE snipe. I've found it extremely frustrating to outnumber TMO 40 to 18 on Trak and yet have them win the loot because of FTE. I'm sure they feel the same way about VS.

3) Continued end-game "competition." A 20 minute window means that guilds are going to need to move and engage quickly, perhaps wiping, leaving the mob up for the next guild to show. Also, for the 3rd, it would be an open race. Ideally the guild leaders could work out a non-poopsock agreement along the lines of no one other than trackers being in VS or Trak lairs until pop. I can't speak for all BDA, but I'm pretty sure that most of them wouldn't even dream of socking if they knew we had a 20 minute window on 1 in 3, so it would be a pure mobilization race.

4) For both guilds this will increase kills on a prime mob. BDA will likely get more Traks, TMO will get more VSs. As I understand it, TMO has a month and a half VS drought. In that 6 week window they would have had 2 guaranteeds and possibly 2 more.

5) For TMO, this really isn't going to impact them terribly in terms of pixels. Considering the number of endgame mobs that spawn outside normal BDA windows, there will be a goodly number of 20-minute windows that BDA just won't be able to get, and if that's our turn, that's our turn and move on to the next on the list.

6) Long term server health. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there has been a massive influx of people to the server lately. I was in a PU group in OT the other day with someone from Flawless Victory (I think...mighta been Full Circle) who was sharing his excitement over his guild's first Shammy epic kill in COM. If we want those people to stick around, it would be nice for them to see an end-game free of douchebaggery to look forward to.

There are, of course going to be objections:

1) Freee merrrrrbs! and "You don't deserve it." Well 6 Venrils suggest that BDA can compete for raid mobs and are consistently taking them away from TMO.

2) "No one will agree to it." Well, take a look at the link I posted up there regarding my ragefire solution. The 4th reply is from a TMO officer saying it will never happen, and yet not long after http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...light=ragefire happened. Most people on the server are rational, despite what it appears in R&F.

3) "You guys do it to us, why shouldn't we do it to you?" Well you already do it to us, and we do it to you back. At some point the circle has to end and simply expecting one guild to stop without agreement by the other guild is unrealistic.

So there's my proposal. I'm not an officer of BDA, but I can pretty well guarantee that if TMO is willing, BDA is willing. I would strongly encourage the rank and file of both guilds to tell their officers that they want that sort of a system, and would encourage the officers of TMO to not poo-poo this proposal out of hand. C'mon folks. Let's work something out that gets rid of some of the headache.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

shut up
Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Oh, just another one of these threads...
Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Aviak

IB and VD went through the same thing. There was one streak of VD even taking several trak kills. Gonna take alot more than 6 VS kills to make TMO nervous. I may be wrong, just my take on it.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

We need people on red sir, no FTE bullshit here!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

The solution is linked repops on server resets, which moves TMO and BDA and 'other' guilds into different zones for most of the raid mob frenzy.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Kobold

i dont know why you have to dis' the OP, he is just trying to create less drama/douchebaggery, grow the fuck up kids.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

So when competing normally (camping out buffed, batphone, log in, group up and engage faster than other guild) didn't work out, you move on to simply trying to snipe FTE without even camping out a raid force (I think you guys had 9 or 10 in zone today when we engaged, and we took our sweet ass time), and now since that route didn't work out you ask for a rotation? lol

I do like your idea of TMO giving BDA 10-20 minutes head start on raid targets though, and if it were up to me I would implement this rule on all spawns just to keep you guys in the game. Raiding the same shit week after week without a 2nd guild putting up some form of competition = boring. And no, FTE sniping and hoping we kill the mob for you does not qualify as competing.

Also, this thread is going to RnF (but you already knew that)
Last edited by Daliant17447; 09-01-2012 at 10:20 PM..
Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when competing normally (camping out buffed, batphone, log in, group up and engage faster than other guild) didn't work out, you move on to simply trying to snipe FTE without even camping out a raid force (I think you guys had 9 or 10 in zone today when we engaged, and we took our sweet ass time), and now since that route didn't work out you ask for a rotation? lol
Goes both way. Last week (or was it the week before?) TMO wiped on Trak and sniped FTE with a skeleton crew of people, half of whom were still rez-effected. Regardless of who is doing it, it sucks.

FWIW, I've said as much to my guild. FTE sniping is stupid.