Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Kobold

I was on Xev at 2000-2007.

Blackburrow Stout Co. is one of my favorite names for a guild ever, I would have joined them if I didn't join Fang of Xev.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Aviak

Well Im very glad that theres someone else from Xev playing on P1999, look me up in game, and maybe when I get a bit higher we can group sometime. :b
Old 05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

I, too, was on Xev back in the day. I never was a high level but I had a wood elf druid named Tavin and an iksar monk named Shuudoushi. Cheers!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

welcome to the server and good luck. Pro Tip try to lvl up near and around EC you get some buff loving that way from EC tunnle dwellers. have fun!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Aviak

If anyone knows where I can get some Bronze armor or any warrior starter items please let me know, been in EC looking all day and have had no luck. =/
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Orc

Xev'er here. Was Dogen from server start until fall of '02. I had some really good monk friends in Altera Vita, and Blackburrow Stout Co, too. I was in Prateorian Legon for a bit, and wound up playing WoW with half of the folks from Harmonium.

Cheers.

Ceebeegee - 27 Monk, always LFG
<Explorers of Norrath>
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie1056 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on Xev at 2000-2007.

Blackburrow Stout Co. is one of my favorite names for a guild ever, I would have joined them if I didn't join Fang of Xev.
Oh man, I totally forgot about Blackburrow Stout Co.! What an amazing guild name indeed. Kelvena/Kolanar/Fufo here!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Newbie armor tip for classic EQ...

Some starting areas have mobs that drop cloth and rawhide (leather) armor and some don't. Some have quests for tattered/patchwork armor, some don't. Whatever the case, don't sweat it....all you need is some reasonable AC at the lowest levels....

When you get a few levels and save up 10-15pp, you can buy a full set of storebought leather armor if you need to. It is an upgrade to all of the aforementioned, lighter than the dropped version, and, most significantly, sells back to the vendor for most of what you paid for it. This is a bonus when starting out, because you basicly get to "rent" a baseline set of AC gear when money is too tight for anything better....And you get most of your money back. A pally friend of mine turned me on to this back in the day in live classic. He had most of a set of storebought plate at one point before he was able to do his class quests, not that I would go that far, personally.

Regardless of how you get started at the earliest levels, the first time you get 91pp together, head for EC and buy a full set of banded armor. Most charge 1pp per ac and that should buy you a full set. Keep the set together in the bank as you replace each piece ...you will eventually be able to sell it to another player and get your 91p back. Or you've got your first set of twink gear, as you prefer.

That's how I usually get started....beyond that, get your weapon situation in order, invest in some large sewing kits for inventory, backpacks for bank, and then save every cooper till you can buy a pair of 5ac 55 HP rings. It will be the best play you spend for a very very long time and you will be wearing those rings for longer than you probably care to...amazing bang for buck especially considering how long they are useful.

After that save for weapons upgrades and gems for your class quest armor. If you are a warrior that's around 1500p for a full set of crafted, give or take.

Most of all, have fun!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

To follow on for weapons for Weekapug, Sword of Skyfire is a dirt-cheap, solid weapon for knights and warriors until it starts proccing. Get a cheap shield as a knight and your set. Warriors, pair that with another cheap weapon like obsidian shard or PGT and you're pretty set until L37. At 37-40, pick up a pair of yak-proc weapons: either SSOYs, Yak clubs, or tag along on some general kills in Kithicor for a chance at yak scimitar(s). Those will carry you into your 50s and the raid game.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Aviak

Thanks so much for all the pointers guys, keep em' coming they are all read and put to use. Also if anyone knows where I can get a set of bronze armor let me know, I might be able to scrape up some plat for a few pieces. Thanks again everyone! See ya in game!
Closed Thread