Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Kobold

Hey,

As a currently 38 cleric who has soloed the vast majority of my levels, I can give you my perspective on cleric soloing.

First off, an item that will be EXTREMELY useful in soloing up until roughly 30 in the Bonethunder Staff. You can get it from a quest in qeynos at around level 8: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=573

I leveled to around Blackburrow until 13 or so, then I did bandits in WK, you make a TON of plat & faction from bandit sashes. If you wanted to solo undead for those levels, Befallen is an excellent place to go. The drops are great and the exp bonus is very nice, plus it's about 80% undead. You can solo there into the mid 20s if you want to.

Unrest is essential for clerics. I was soloing yellows there as a completely untwinked erudite cleric until my upper 20s. You can theoretically solo there into your 40s if you're really hard core about it. The bloodstained tunic drops here, which is a really good +4 wis chest piece. The bonethunder staff makes soloing here extremely easy and minimizes downtime.

I've actually found that clerics are very good at soloing live mobs as well. Undead are definitely better, but I've been soloing the king spawn in Permafrost from 35 to 38 and the exp is ridiculous. The mountains of Rathe might be good for upper 20s-low 30s, there seems to be a lot of undead roaming around there.

The undead side of LGuk is good if you really know what you're doing. But, never underestimate a cleric's ability to solo live mobs. You can split any camp and solo blues all you want. As far as undead go, Kithikor is an excellent place to go. You can kill the undead cleric at around 30 or so and get a +6 wis mace.

the actionable takeaway of this post: get the Bonethunder staff & go to Unrest.

Have a good one,

Alkaiser Baneofmistmoore 38 cleric of Prexus
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Aviak

I was actually going to pose a very similar question about locations for pally undead soloing. I'm assuming all of these places would be good as well?
I love to tank in groups but sometimes I just have time to kill a few things and was looking for good undead haunts. I've got my ghoulbane but only 17 ATM. I don't plan on starting my undead hunting until 20 though.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get the Bonethunder staff
there is no way for me to do that with a Dark Elf Cleric.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually going to pose a very similar question about locations for pally undead soloing. I'm assuming all of these places would be good as well?
Correct; particularly equipped w/Ghoulbane.

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Aviak

Thanks! Anyone know about the undead guards in paineel the OP referred to also?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! Anyone know about the undead guards in paineel the OP referred to also?

They're good for cleric/paladin soloing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're good for cleric/paladin soloing.
1. What is the lowest level guard there? I am look at http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=69 and according to Live, the guards are starting at lower levels. Wondering are each named guards the same level as they are on Live?
2. If I were to get a port there, are Dark Elves KoS to Paineel Guards or would I be able to roam around down there freely? I have heard the faction is neutral to all races and you can perma kill them with no faction hits.
3. How exactly does a non Erudite get a key to work the lift.
4. Has Warrens opened yet?
Last edited by Damaja; 02-28-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Per this, http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=69 , it looks like the guards go as low as the teens and as high as the 40s. I am not sure however which guards would be accessible in the outer areas. It has been a long time since i have been there...=p
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

I can tell you, this place is camped. A ton. Rarely do you see the camps open and 50's love to hang out and slaughter everything.

But I do see a random cleric time to time killing a couple of them.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per this, http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=69 , it looks like the guards go as low as the teens and as high as the 40s. I am not sure however which guards would be accessible in the outer areas. It has been a long time since i have been there...=p
yea but thats for live, it may not be the same here. As for the place being camped, no worries, I am just curious about the area.
odds are it will not be worth the effort even bothering with it, although I still would like to get answers on my questions if nothing more than for my Curiosity.

From the PMs I have gotten, it is not worth the effort going there so .....
Last edited by Damaja; 02-28-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Closed Thread