Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Banned

The guide states that "dorf merchants" in BB are good to quad from 45-50 but to my knowledge, merchants do not give experience.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebekkha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Runnyeye is SO underrated and underpopulated
My earliest experience in that dungeon was in the 20's - I found the goblins to get incredibly more difficult between the Gorge zoneline and the ramp leading downstairs. If I recall, a fleeing mob aggroed some two spellcasters, one of which was casting Flash of Light, and the panicked run to the zoneline was literally the blind leading the blind. I wouldn't recommend Runnyeye to a paladin in the teens, unless the Rivervale's zoneline is a lot friendlier.

In my opinion, Runnyeye became a lot more enjoyable once the kinks were worked out with the zone revamp on Live. Was your experience there on p99 a positive one?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebekkha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I miss RE. : ) HHK as well!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

I am surprised more people don't consider HHK as a premier dungeon. It's an outdoor zone with bank, merchants, and plenty of mobs for all levels. If I remember right, doesn't it have a nice exp bonus?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the replies i may check out kurns as i have yet to try it on any of my characters live or here on p99. Also on HHk i may try to through a group together if i can find the people if i remember right it was mid 20's? I remember leveling there on a few toons back on live and it was greak xp with the goblins
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am surprised more people don't consider HHK as a premier dungeon. It's an outdoor zone with bank, merchants, and plenty of mobs for all levels. If I remember right, doesn't it have a nice exp bonus?
On Live, Highkeep was my absolute #1 zone. Back then I think what made it so fun to me was seeing 4 groups jammed down in the basement at all times: GR, WR, RR, and even a separate duo in LR. The constant cycle of pops and threat of trains from below kept you on your toes, and the abundance of conversation available in the zone made waiting on a group list totally bearable.

What is the population like there today? Last year when I tried going pretty often, it was always either totally empty or only had 1 group camping everything. It was also rare to see any human guards alive to protect you from trains!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...n_Servers_V0.3

It's been on the wiki for at least a year.
Same guide, same author but the one in my link has been updated for P99, that one hasn't been updated since 2006 or so when I stopped playing on The Sleeper. Not updated much LOL but I try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I love Runnyeye. The other day I was there with two other people, the group was monk, cleric, warrior and we all made a full level in under two hours (levels 23-27). No competition there, so the mobs were practically unlimited and they went down fast too. Bronze, blackened iron and fine steel all drop commonly there too, so you can make some plat while leveling too, and if you're a sneaky class or race, you can bank and merch right in the zone.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Ever since vanilla here, I've only seen a group or two max there. There will always be some random necros killing guards or someone camping the nobles, but as for the exp groups, they were usually pulling from entrance of the goblin area. I remember on live, like you, lower 20s in the LR, GR, WR, and RR groups! It wouldn't be a normal night without 30 to 50 people crammed in the zone, spewing /ooc talk.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highkeep
Thank you for using the correct zone name. It's a snobbish annoyance, but I feel it nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread