Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Go erudite either way!
Old 06-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

I've had a /lot/ of fun tanking on my paladin. Aggro spells + bash (for spellcasters) makes tanking very interactive, and LOHing the enchanter in your group at 1% after a bad mez resist elicits some pretty awesome responses. You can really lead a dungeon diving group as a paladin. By far the best group tanking class IMO. Sure, SKs do more damage, but tanking is not about damage.

They are both fun, but LOH is a game-changer. If you roll on Red then HT might be something worth rolling SK for.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladin, shadowknights are garbage and server scum. except nuktari, that guys the man
Truf.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 06-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

paladins are kickass group tanks. SKs can help with the pull team
Old 06-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladin, shadowknights are garbage and server scum. except kaev, that guys the man
ftfy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadow Knight

You can prebuild next target aggro a lot better on a SK... also your taunt spells don't cause mobs to flee, and you don't need to wait for stun to wear off before it gets to you.

Stay evil, stay SK.
Probably the first person to actually understand the differences between Paladins and SKs.

To clarify, both classes are aggro fiends. Neither is better than the other. However, as a Paladin I usually have to stun -> reset GCD -> flash of light to effectively hold onto a mob after a mez. There are times where I wish I had disease cloud for sure. Not to knock on SK's, but Paladin's in this regard just make you have to be aware of how you work your Flash of Lights. If you're a good Paladin, you will almost never have FoL issues except for the occasional mem blur issue from Enchanters.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sks are rocking right now with un classic upgraded spells and broken fd
How is fd broken?
Old 06-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Paladin can prebuild aggro just fine and paladin aggro isn't based off of actual damage, damage just adds to their aggro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Paladins can also help CC in any group with root.

Paladins can assist healing with...heals or DW helm.

Paladins can lock down pretty much any mob from casting on your pullers or in groups with stuns/bash.

Paladins get a group heal in Velious...even if it is medicore it still helps.

Paladin LoH is group saving if you know how to play it.

If you want to do lots of work but make a difference in your groups be a paladin.

SKs aren't bad, but paladins have a TON of utility for groups and can do a TON if played correctly.

Food for thought, the only thing SKs will do better than Monks in Velious (other than PVP) is snap aggro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Paladins are unique and there are so few of them, and even fewer people who realize their full potential as a paladin.
Last edited by Kope; 06-21-2015 at 02:42 AM..
Old 06-21-2015, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

When you need FD, Paladin has "/g DON'T HEAL ME" "/g drag & rez after i die please"
When you need Snare, Paladin has "/g CLERIC CAMP NOW" "/g dammit don't nuke when i root a runner you moran"

When you need heals, SK has FD "/g sorry you died mate"
When you need CC, SK has FD "/g sorry you died mate"

It's all about who loses the XP when the group fails. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Both classes are very good group tanks played well. Play well and you've made the right choice.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to have a character that you log on to cast Brell's on people and log out to a real class, be a paladin.
If you're going to be having fun, be a shadow knight.
Closed Thread