Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Orc

I would like to not see Luclin released. That would render every 12-20 zone useless as everyone heads straight to PC.

I do miss the rested hp/mana regeneration, i wouldn't mind if that was implemented. Downtime is the worst thing about classic, in my opinion. The horrible exp & travelling is one thing, but having to wait 15 min to refill mana and get the horrible exp slowly is abominable.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin obsoleted kunark and half of the old world or more
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar destroys the EC trading community where people can level up as noobs and see a lot of high levels passing through.
EC tunnel destroys the ability to purchase newbie gear, bazaar makes selling things easier and less hands on so more items enter the market and easy price competition drives down prices. This lowers the barrier to entry on the server as low level gear becomes more affordable.

Quote:
Free ports ruin the experience of begging druids and wizards for ports and the community around druid rings
People only really used the spires if they already checked for ports and couldn't find any. People are impatient and the spires take time.

Quote:
If we wanted luclin expansion we should just play live..Luclin was the turning point and there are 100x servers that offer the new everquest already. Velious should be as far as this one goes IMO.
Luclin was not the turning point, afaik all the goofy shit came in post PoP starting with either gates or omens (I didn't play either of these but that's what I hear)

Luclin boasted class balance, three excellent raid zones, and actually CREATED the everquest economy. Who the hell wants to spend their play time hitting a macro trying to buy or sell things for hours on end? Who doesn't want MORE content as two guilds currently run around mopping up every single raid boss?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Orc

Things I loved about Luclin:

-AAs
-Bazaar
-There were some cool zones and I actually enjoyed the updated graphics

Things I disliked:

-Horses

Even if Luclin doesn't get implemented (which they said it won't) I would really hope they put in AAs. As it stands now, there's already going to be a significant population of 60s when Velious gets released. Some people are fine rolling alt after alt but I'd rather have some way of advancing my character other than farming giants over and over for max faction.

Edit: I agree with the poster above me. Luclin was fine but PoP really killed the game for me. Free teleports to anywhere, not actually being on Norrath at all anymore, and the subsequent expansions were all pretty stupid IMO.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrilegium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to not see Luclin released. That would render every 12-20 zone useless as everyone heads straight to PC.

I do miss the rested hp/mana regeneration, i wouldn't mind if that was implemented. Downtime is the worst thing about classic, in my opinion. The horrible exp & travelling is one thing, but having to wait 15 min to refill mana and get the horrible exp slowly is abominable.
This wouldn't take away from classic to me. I wouldn't mind having a faster mana and hp regen. Nothing crazy of course but it would be better than 15 minutes. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

EC tunnel destroys the ability to purchase newbie gear, bazaar makes selling things easier and less hands on so more items enter the market and easy price competition drives down prices. This lowers the barrier to entry on the server as low level gear becomes more affordable.

People only really used the spires if they already checked for ports and couldn't find any. People are impatient and the spires take time.

Luclin was not the turning point, afaik all the goofy shit came in post PoP starting with either gates or omens (I didn't play either of these but that's what I hear)

Luclin boasted class balance, three excellent raid zones, and actually CREATED the everquest economy. Who the hell wants to spend their play time hitting a macro trying to buy or sell things for hours on end? Who doesn't want MORE content as two guilds currently run around mopping up every single raid boss?
Alien Cats on a moon? I think that is some goofy shit.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Kobold

I definitely think they should stop at Velious.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Luclin had some goofy shit, but it didn't have extreme mudflation like PoP. Luclin gear had 125hp instead of 100hp. PoP gear, 300hp stuff, wtf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

5 extra levels also obsoleted the entire old world. Luclin didn't really obsolete anything (other than some but certainly not all raid content), since they were just AAs. At least you could still grind AAs in kunark/velious zones and even a couple of old world zones. In PoP with the extra 5 levels, experience changes, and PoP ZEMs there was no point to doing anything other than PoP zones.

The Bazaar, horses, and new models were stupid. Nexus was not that bad (plus it could be altered) but PoK was also utterly game destroying.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taminy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Luclin had some goofy shit, but it didn't have extreme mudflation like PoP. Luclin gear had 125hp instead of 100hp. PoP gear, 300hp stuff, wtf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

5 extra levels also obsoleted the entire old world. Luclin didn't really obsolete anything (other than some but certainly not all raid content), since they were just AAs. At least you could still grind AAs in kunark/velious zones and even a couple of old world zones. In PoP with the extra 5 levels, experience changes, and PoP ZEMs there was no point to doing anything other than PoP zones.

The Bazaar, horses, and new models were stupid. Nexus was not that bad (plus it could be altered) but PoK was also utterly game destroying.
I find being on the moon killing aliens over the top for the great classic fantasy game EQ was but that is just me.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find being on the moon killing aliens over the top for the great classic fantasy game EQ was but that is just me.
Well, the scenery/lore/content (not in terms of loot or challenge) may have been over the top and I can agree with that. Dorfs/giants/dragons > aliens. I just meant there was still a point to the older expansions with Luclin - whereas with PoP there was no point to them.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Rodcet Nife is an alien and there are spaceships in classic. Take off those rose tinted glasses Cyclops.
Closed Thread