Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Banned

Why do threads on this forum always end up being fights between two or three people that have nothing to do with the OP? Rofl.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do threads on this forum always end up being fights between two or three people that have nothing to do with the OP? Rofl.
Silence lowly orc
Old 05-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been having fun playing naked recently. Its been a blast, and the only issue that has come up is, equipment shaming.

I was grouped last night, and after someone complained about my dps, they joked about it, then about ten minutes later another guide mate showed up, they booted me and invited him. When I asked about it, they were all so angry I was wasting everyone else's time by not having better gear at level 12. (I was in tarnished and some patchwork with a few pieces of ring mail)

I figured, no biggie, logged for a night, and over the next few days, these same people made sure to shout to the zone that I had shit gear and not to waste their time.

So now I have a scarlet letter shadowknight with people actively shaming me for being poor.

Feels bad man
Rofl. This is what happens when people cant stop META playing games.

It's a symptom of the WoW generation if you ask me.

"Googles best+easiest class to play"

"Makes one".
Old 05-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The same sort of people would have googled shit like this.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

It's a sad state of affairs. People cry about players that don't have the best gear or don't follow the cookie-cutter easy builds. It's why I stopped playing wow after beating ICC with my guild during wrath. And even then I had overstayed my welcome by one expansion.

You talk to the types of people that play that way and they'll give you the excuse that the game isn't hard, to get better, etc. when the sad irony is that they're trying to make everything as easy as possible out of sheer laziness because they can't compensate with skill where their gear or build is lacking.

Same with this server. Everyone waxes nostalgic about how EverQuest was and is the best game during classic because of how unforgiving it is, yet a vast majority of alts that are leveling up are obscenely twinked for the easiest and quickest leveling possible. Also why so many have been busted for RMT and the absurd numbers that got caught in the great MQ2 delevel sweeps when dsetup.dll first came out.

Shit is weak and y'all have gotten soft. That's why, try as Rogaine and nildog may to make the server perfectly resemble classic, it'll never be the same with such a weak community.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a sad state of affairs. People cry about players that don't have the best gear or don't follow the cookie-cutter easy builds. It's why I stopped playing wow after beating ICC with my guild during wrath. And even then I had overstayed my welcome by one expansion.

You talk to the types of people that play that way and they'll give you the excuse that the game isn't hard, to get better, etc. when the sad irony is that they're trying to make everything as easy as possible out of sheer laziness because they can't compensate with skill where their gear or build is lacking.

Same with this server. Everyone waxes nostalgic about how EverQuest was and is the best game during classic because of how unforgiving it is, yet a vast majority of alts that are leveling up are obscenely twinked for the easiest and quickest leveling possible. Also why so many have been busted for RMT and the absurd numbers that got caught in the great MQ2 delevel sweeps when dsetup.dll first came out.

Shit is weak and y'all have gotten soft. That's why, try as Rogaine and nildog may to make the server perfectly resemble classic, it'll never be the same with such a weak community.
OP plays an sk and doesnt get group
Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been having fun playing naked recently. Its been a blast, and the only issue that has come up is, equipment shaming.

I was grouped last night, and after someone complained about my dps, they joked about it, then about ten minutes later another guide mate showed up, they booted me and invited him. When I asked about it, they were all so angry I was wasting everyone else's time by not having better gear at level 12. (I was in tarnished and some patchwork with a few pieces of ring mail)

I figured, no biggie, logged for a night, and over the next few days, these same people made sure to shout to the zone that I had shit gear and not to waste their time.

So now I have a scarlet letter shadowknight with people actively shaming me for being poor.

Feels bad man
Don't sweat these nerds, anyone bagging on your gear at level 12 is clearly new around here. No amount of gear will be able to substitute personal skill, I know people with alts so blinged out you cant look directly at them without suffering retinal damage and they get wrecked all the time because they are garbage at everquest. And I've played with some real pro nerds leveling up in rags who are now currently some of the most decked people on the box. Anyone in a leveling pug moaning about the gear quality of their orc highway group is really just saying they aren't good/geared enough to solo/duo something of equivalent difficulty and would like someone to carry them. Play well, actively fulfill your role, and take constructive criticism and advice gracefully and you will begin to receive invites on a regular basis from people you've grouped with previously. I level all my characters in groups, I like to rub elbows with the great unwashed masses, and typically by about lvl 30 or so I've met a good chunk of the people actively leveling during my play times and getting a group is inevitable. If you are even remotely extroverted by the time you hit 50 you should have a decent number of elf bros in your friends list if you aren't defective in some way.
9 Erudite Magician - Adisa
Old 06-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Large Rat

The feels man. Got kicked from a group last night because I missed druid buffs. And i'd be "a leach while they had thorns." They offered me a group after it wore off. I was like "Nah, i'll just go do necro solo things." Level 7. Lmao
Old 06-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Large Bat

That nonsense is the reason I came back from modern mmorpg. There are people on here, whole guilds even, that try to discourage douchebaggery like that, and will go so far as to encourage the real rp style fun that p99 has given to us.

Tl,dr: /ignore the haters and go find some of those ogs.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, of course you did. You seem like a real sherlock. A young Internet detective even, if I may be so bold to say.

Moran.
Do I detect a GLPer?