Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

That face you make when she comes over to ruin your lands right after ruining her own.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2017, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

The eyes never lie.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Orc

Getting that 290% bonus would require six people being on the server concurrently.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Banned

GO BACK TO DED 99
Old 05-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of a close PvP encounter. The excitement, the thrill, the fear, and the elation of a win is one of the most pure and challenging gaming experiences out there today. PvP offers an opportunity to make close friends who would quite literally die for you in game, and bitter enemies who would do the exact opposite. The bonds and community formed on a PvP server last a lifetime.
here's just a few ways you can get adrenaline rushes and community without playing on that sh!thole server:

*well, you could join the actual military
*get into rock climbing
*shoot yourself in the brain with a real pistol
*get addicted to cocaine
*play PvP on a game designed for PvP
*don't play red 99, for any reason, ever

Those are just a few humble thoughts to help save any prospective parties from wasting their time.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Im a newbie on everquest..but I may just try Red because I'm really not getting any groups or even people to talk with or give me any help or tips in Blue..I mean, theres 900+ people online and I dont see anyone..I tried starting in Halas, Qenyos, Kalladin... Just one or other high end geared players that passes by here and there, plus leveling up at those extreme low rates without a party or someone to chat with or explore is getting really dull..I dont know..I just really like the game, but Blue is giving me a tough time.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViniBRNaps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im a newbie on everquest..but I may just try Red because I'm really not getting any groups or even people to talk with or give me any help or tips in Blue..I mean, theres 900+ people online and I dont see anyone..I tried starting in Halas, Qenyos, Kalladin... Just one or other high end geared players that passes by here and there, plus leveling up at those extreme low rates without a party or someone to chat with or explore is getting really dull..I dont know..I just really like the game, but Blue is giving me a tough time.
Halas is probably one of the more remote cities in the game. There are lots of folks around, what level are you now? We could give you recommendations on where to go.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViniBRNaps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halas, Qenyos, Kalladin...
The p99 population tends to follow the path of least resistance, the cities you stated are generally underpopulated.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Most of the population hangs out on the other side of the continent near Freeport.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... except when you're fighting a de-leveled fungi-wearing twink ...

C'mon Red promoters: be honest about your server or most of the people you recruit won't stay when they find out what it's really like.

Source: a player who tried Red in response to these things awhile ago, and was griefed off before hitting level 4.
http://www.r99pvp.com/

You can see all the PvP deaths, where/when they occured. Filter by zone, guild, player, etc. Go check out how few actual kills there are each day that are not apex/ragnarok and where they happened. Then consider every other zone outside those times is probably open for uncontested play.

I'm not recruiting for red, but what you suggest as the norm really isn't the case.

I've seen more trains kill players on blue in one casual session than I have had deaths (including griefers) from level 1-60 on my first character.

You are right though, most quite around level 25 when they get to mistmoore where there are 2-3 actual grief twinks that log on for maybe 10 minutes every other day.

Not sure if people are actually "griefed" off the server or just put out that they are not immune to do whatever they want and no one can do anything about it.

Red is a cesspool though. Entertaining however.
Closed Thread