Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Aviak

Default Confused about Tanned Split Paw Skin quest(s)

I've seen some discussion about turning in Tanned Split Paw Skins for upwards of 4% or more xp per single turn in at level 30. I'm confused which skins go to which quest NPC, as the quest walkthrough on the Wiki seem to indicate they both use the Volumes (rolled scrolls icon) vs the spell scroll one. Is any one sure which one is which and which NPC gives the good xp?
Old 05-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't done that quest in awhile, but I'm pretty sure any Lore item named "Tanned Split Paw Skin" can be turned in, regardless of the icon. It might just be that they were trying to be nice to people who don't speak Gnoll (and thus can't tell the scrolls apart very easily) by making some have a different icon.

If you want to be certain though you can always train up your Gnoll skill (and maybe even raise it higher by having someone else with at least 1 in Gnoll spam you with group chat for awhile) and then you can read the scrolls before turning them in to make sure they are correct (the wiki has the text of what they should say). But I don't really think you need to do that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-15-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Old 05-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tesch_Val_Scrolls

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tanned_Splitpaw_Skin

I think you gotta cast identify on them to know which is part 1, 2, etc...
Old 05-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tesch_Val_Scrolls

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tanned_Splitpaw_Skin

I think you gotta cast identify on them to know which is part 1, 2, etc...

No, just right click them and read them. I never trained "gnoll" that I'm aware of (maybe I could do it from creation, no idea) and could always read them...I figured the language restriction was simply not in place.

It really doesn't matter which they are though, since they are all LORE you can't have two of the same at a time anyway.

The primary difference is the icon. The "page" is garbage, the "scroll" is what you want.

Just turn them in 1 at a time in any order, great EXP. I used this quest from 35-39 to level pretty quick.
Last edited by Squabbles123; 05-15-2017 at 04:41 PM..
Old 05-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured the language restriction was simply not in place.
I'm sure there's a good technical reason for this, but that's pretty sad. Those scrolls were one of the very few reasons to learn another language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The primary difference is the icon. The "page" is garbage, the "scroll" is what you want.
Oh so the icon does matter. Well regardless, if OP sticks to the Lore ones he should be ok.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Correct. The lore scroll icon ones are the correct items.

Edvard Tommels near South Qeynos bank is the guy. One at a time.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Just to repeat, hand them in one at a time.

Handing in all four at once is a different quest and yields much less xp.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Aviak

Alright thanks everyone. I got my exp and it was good.
Closed Thread