Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Did anyone else..

Think after reading about the suspensions that they should perma-ban all the accounts, so the population would decrease, so they would start allowing 2 boxing?

God i was crossing my fingers, but i really doubt that will happen.

(As a side note, i only want to box because my ranger ass doesn't get groups. 20 Ranger LFG!)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

I find this ironic because if everyone was boxing it would do a hell of a lot more to hurt the server than the cheaters did for the most part, lol
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

Default Did anyone else...

...start hoping this idiot doesn't reproduce after reading his post?
...want to punch him in the mouth?
...wonder why the hell this is posted in Server Chat?
...really hate stupid people (like Dirtnap)?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Dunno why people despise boxing so much hehe. I highly doubt it would do as much harm as say... the drama created by raid guilds.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno why people despise boxing so much hehe. I highly doubt it would do as much harm as say... the drama created by raid guilds.
Boxing removes the social aspect from the game. Have you ever played on EZ server? No one groups for the most part. You're expected to roll around with your own small army and in most cases that works just fine. The reason EQ has so many nostalgic memories for me is because you're forced to interact with people to succeed.

And you'll just argue "then don't box," but that doesn't change how it affects everything in the game. For example: raids can be accomplished with half as many people who are all dual-boxing (and this is assuming they would only allow two accounts per person). This means guilds who already control the majority of raid encounters have even more power to be spread out and ready for anything that pops. They essentially double their raid force in a matter of months.

And that's just one instance of why boxing is a bad idea.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing removes the social aspect from the game. Have you ever played on EZ server? No one groups for the most part. You're expected to roll around with your own small army and in most cases that works just fine. The reason EQ has so many nostalgic memories for me is because you're forced to interact with people to succeed.

And you'll just argue "then don't box," but that doesn't change how it affects everything in the game. For example: raids can be accomplished with half as many people who are all dual-boxing (and this is assuming they would only allow two accounts per person). This means guilds who already control the majority of raid encounters have even more power to be spread out and ready for anything that pops. They essentially double their raid force in a matter of months.

And that's just one instance of why boxing is a bad idea.
Never played on EZ server, but the social aspect? What about people who PL toons to sell them, they tell you to GTFO too when you want to group with them quite often. What kind of social aspect is it when characters are transferred among different people? When MageX is not the MageX you knew a week ago and grouped with, who happens to now be some guy who bought it on ECT.

Forced interaction, lol thats rich. Try to be LFG as a non desired class, players here on P99 are very level / grind oriented, unlike Original EQ was. Players only invite min/max to their groups the majority of the time. Rangers, and Druids can F off many times (plenty of other classes included).

I agree that box armies are bad, but the ability to make a group not fall apart when you can load up say a Tank box, whereas you would've had to call it quits without one, would be nice.

The grind / leveling mentality is the problem, not the hypothetical boxing. If people would get over themselves and group with people for the so called "Social Aspect" of the game, and suck up the 20% exp deficit, then it'd be much better off.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played on EZ server, but the social aspect? What about people who PL toons to sell them, they tell you to GTFO too when you want to group with them quite often. What kind of social aspect is it when characters are transferred among different people? When MageX is not the MageX you knew a week ago and grouped with, who happens to now be some guy who bought it on ECT.

Forced interaction, lol thats rich. Try to be LFG as a non desired class, players here on P99 are very level / grind oriented, unlike Original EQ was. Players only invite min/max to their groups the majority of the time. Rangers, and Druids can F off many times (plenty of other classes included).

I agree that box armies are bad, but the ability to make a group not fall apart when you can load up say a Tank box, whereas you would've had to call it quits without one, would be nice.

The grind / leveling mentality is the problem, not the hypothetical boxing. If people would get over themselves and group with people for the so called "Social Aspect" of the game, and suck up the 20% exp deficit, then it'd be much better off.
This is exactly my point. Us rangers get shafted because of our exp penalty. Not because we aren't good people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellawiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole entire premise of this post makes no sense.

Firstly - Your train of thought is totally unclear, and wrong.
Second - You want them to ban people for cheating, then change the rules about cheating so you would be allowed to cheat?

You really are dumb.
Firstly, I don't understand what was so unclear about my original post.
Second, I want them to ban people for using third party programs, and change the rules about boxing so groups are easier to obtain. I do not want to cheat, i never said i wanted to cheat.

With the mindset of all the players here being anti-boxing, and all about the socializing (Which they spout but don't actually follow.) allowing a second box wouldn't be the overkill everyone thinks it is. Or maybe they just all know, that if boxing were to be allowed, they wouldn't ever talk to anyone again and just box by themselves somewhere.
Last edited by Dirtnap; 08-30-2011 at 02:08 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly my point. Us rangers get shafted because of our exp penalty. Not because we aren't good people.
Rangers are a poorly implemented class, so are Wizards.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
It rapes just about everything in the game at every level.

Want to go EXP at EC orc camps on your lowbie? They're both claimed by someone 2-3 boxing and he doesn't want your help, go away. Maybe Oasis? Oh, there's 2 or 3 people each 2-3 boxing and killing 95% of the zone, and they don't want your help, go away.

Maybe you want a MM group? Well guess what, 1 or 2 people 2 or 3 boxing have it all locked down, go away.

Maybe you want to camp some sweet loot in LGuk? Too bad, one guy has a character sitting at every decent camp. No loot for you from Guk tonight. You can go check other zones, but he has characters there, too.

It's simply impossible for a server with this many people on it to support boxing.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It rapes just about everything in the game at every level.

Want to go EXP at EC orc camps on your lowbie? They're both claimed by someone 2-3 boxing and he doesn't want your help, go away. Maybe Oasis? Oh, there's 2 or 3 people each 2-3 boxing and killing 95% of the zone, and they don't want your help, go away.

Maybe you want a MM group? Well guess what, 1 or 2 people 2 or 3 boxing have it all locked down, go away.

Maybe you want to camp some sweet loot in LGuk? Too bad, one guy has a character sitting at every decent camp. No loot for you from Guk tonight. You can go check other zones, but he has characters there, too.

It's simply impossible for a server with this many people on it to support boxing.
sounds like you are ready for red 99
Closed Thread