Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

you guys do know that on live lots of ppl boxed :P
Old 09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juugox2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys do know that on live lots of ppl boxed :P
And they had two buy two copies of the game and pay for two subscriptions, thus meaning more money for sony, sony probably loved their 2boxers.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Skeleton

Default Eh small point

Eh, i just wanted to make the small point no one else brought up. Considering this is P99 and as far as i know the goal of the server is to replicate a playing atmosphere as similar as possible to the original live servers from 1999.
Umm i dont know about anyone else, but i cant recall anyone who was even twoboxing till maybe late velious era. I dont think during Vanilla and Kunark ages computers even had the memory to do such. I'm no computer expert but to me it would seem that if ya wanted to two box then, ya actually need two boxes (computers) to do it.

So in my opinion, naw keep boxing off...and if anyone truely enjoys EQ two boxing I'd like to hear from ya cuz as far as i am concerned its definitely unenjoyable to play two characters as once as i feel i cannot efficiently use them to their fullest potentials, thus leaving me the operator unfulfilled and wanting to play call of duty instead.

Thanks for lettin me waste your time,
Madprops
Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchCricket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, i just wanted to make the small point no one else brought up. Considering this is P99 and as far as i know the goal of the server is to replicate a playing atmosphere as similar as possible to the original live servers from 1999.
Umm i dont know about anyone else, but i cant recall anyone who was even twoboxing till maybe late velious era. I dont think during Vanilla and Kunark ages computers even had the memory to do such. I'm no computer expert but to me it would seem that if ya wanted to two box then, ya actually need two boxes (computers) to do it.

So in my opinion, naw keep boxing off...and if anyone truely enjoys EQ two boxing I'd like to hear from ya cuz as far as i am concerned its definitely unenjoyable to play two characters as once as i feel i cannot efficiently use them to their fullest potentials, thus leaving me the operator unfulfilled and wanting to play call of duty instead.

Thanks for lettin me waste your time,
Madprops
I agree with you, i would much rather get into a group than box. I even started a guild on PEQ awhile back that discouraged boxing. However getting groups on this server as some classes is very hard, and being able to box another character would make life easier on those people.

I think the biggest issue with boxing, and people's opinion on it, is that people assume there would be no rules to it. I think if boxing were to be allowed, there should be strict rules on it. If those rules were broken that person should be banned.

Rules like:
No power leveling your own characters.
No more than two characters per player.
No camping two locations at the same time.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Personally, my favorite part of an MMO is knowing that it's "massively multiplayer". That is to say I like knowing that every other character I see is being controlled by a human on the other end. It makes the game feel massive, immersive, and competitive.

If I thought half of the people I saw were soulless polygons that belonged to the other half of the characters, that would defeat the whole point.

I've got nothing against power leveling, or holding 50 camps, or any of the other things associated with boxing... I just want it to be actual humans doing it. Want to power level? Make a friend. This is FREE. Get an RL friend to join you. Want to camp all of a zone? Get 20 friends to join you.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ell oh ell. no boxing imo.
Hi amelinda!!!
Closed Thread