Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Banned

Well said Hokken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I often think fairly similar things about whiners or over-complainers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] At least they are good examples of selfish or obnoxious behavior/ people that parents or teachers can point out to help teach their children or students good manners and/or respect with if nothing else! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Orc

But I don't want to grow up, I'm a toys are us kid!!

I'm in complete agreement with you. The developers here do what they do out of a sense of love for the game. They spend gods know how many hours working out bugs and GMing, pay for the costs of keeping the server up and do this stuff for free. Every hour that the server is up and every hour that they spend making this run like a well oiled machine is money and time that they spend with nothing returned in a material fashion.

I'll admit I was a little vexed by the sudden enforced beta. I had no objections to it, in fact I actually think it was a good idea. It was just kinda out of left field. I think it would have gone much more smoothly if the powers that be had made a post 24 hours in advance informing us that they would be conscripting us to assist with zone stressing and bug hunting. Given how generous they are, the responsible folks amongst us would have jumped on gladly.

It is appalling seeing how the loud minority react. If we were to use an in game metaphor, this would basically be like a blacksmith forging entire suits of banded armor out of their own pocket and then just threw the banded armor at everyone for free while asking neither for materials nor coin to compensate their generosity.. and then one day when making a new, better suit of armor to give everyone they ask that those who wished to partake in the free goodies bring them stacks of water.

Those who feel entitled to everything hate having to give an inch for the gifts they recieive.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeldrakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those who feel entitled to everything hate having to give an inch for the gifts they recieive.
I think this sums up about 2,500 years or so of the development of human history. It sure as hell sums up most modern Americans.

I am sorry I didn't get a chance to participate in yesterday's beta more than I did (only an hour or so); I share the gratitude towards the P99 dev team, etc., already expressed by the OP, et al, in this thread. Way to go guys!

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you for sharing. More curiously, this is very good and waiting.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I go to a restaurant and enjoyed the meal I always congratulate the chef because encouragement is a wonderful reward for talented people, so please back up a little bit and grow up.
I own a restaurant, and if you come in my kitchen I'll fucking shoot you.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabruzzese99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I own a restaurant, and if you come in my kitchen I'll fucking shoot you.
Are you a young chef?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you a young chef?
Are you a wizard?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

what i think OP is saying is
hes so baller he only goes to restaurant
where
the chef serves you old fashioned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

In a competitive market where there're other games to play compassion doesn't have a chance. If you want to play the game, the one b4 luclin, this is the best place. But I suspect a lot of people are here for lots of other reasons and thus competition rules. Appealing to compassion in these cases is like talking to deaf ears.

But I have to say the food around here smells good. There's a lot of content in antonica/odus/faydwer/etc and in kunark. It's that idea that there's so much you can do that's so appealing. A whole world to have as your own. The day EQ shrunk to the size of a single expansion was the day my interest for it was entombed forever.

It's the difference between a discount half-eaten cookie from yesterday and the gingerbread house from fairy tales. One is full and makes you fall to your knees drooling and the other is like a cheap whore.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 04-23-2011 at 11:07 AM..
Old 04-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Always?

You walk into the kitchen an congratulate them?

Do you say "Congratulations on making me a delicious meal" ?

I would like to go to a restaurant with you.

My treat.

I appreciate the fine art of subtle sarcasm. Congratulations on a job well done.
Closed Thread