Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it doesn't, because it doesn't apply to anyone else. Think about it. I can roll in there right now and poopsock, KS it and your whole agreement takes a shit. You need to wake up. This agreement is an agreement between 3 guilds, that's all. It doesn't apply to anyone else and in its current state, nor should it. Why this was posted here is beyond me
I dare you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Banned

Within hours implies 0 minutes to a few hours. Same time frame he is currently killed
Old 01-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Jeremy is fighting communism on norrath.

No truce with the shadow !

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Aviak

For a cleric that has lost 3 pearls and has had to redo the cleric epic quest 3 times due to 'spam clicking'. You are crazy if you do not support this start of a server wide rotation. Instead of divinity and others shiting up this thread. Suggestions on how to better the agreement for all clerics should be the main goal.

My suggestion is Ib and VD raid naggy together. So we should share that ragefire. While tmo does naggy on their own they have their own ragefire. Which would leave that 3rd spot now for divinity/bda/taken. Each raid force would have from naggy to naggy to kill however many ragefires spawned that week.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

So I had a long thread about popping server mobs at once and disabling variance. But you know, the more I think about it, the more I think the raid scene at project 1999 is unfixable, and it all comes down to supply and demand.

The simple reality is that we have a huge overcrowding at the high end because we have a huge fraction of "hardcore" players compared to "casuals". We probably have over 500 players of level 50+ on the server who would be willing to kill raid targets if they were just sitting up in their zones for days at a time. Meanwhile high end EQ is designed for maybe 2-3 guilds of perhaps 50-75 members who can each field 40+ man raid forces on any given night, i.e. a total of 150-200 total players.

So we have maybe three times the number of raid level players the server is designed to support, i.e. massively increased demand, while the supply of raid mobs remains the same. When demand is higher than supply, price increases, and since EQ is not really that hard of a game price comes in time spent poopsocking rather than skill. Currently you have the 1/3 or so of players who want the phat loots the most in TMO/IB and the other 2/3 of the players who don't care so much in Taken/BDA/etc. (VD is about 50/50 hardcore and not-so-hardcore which makes us an interesting point imo). We can talk about rotations and linked spawns and variance (and I think the current system can be vastly improved) but the simple reality is we have too many players for not enough epics. Verant designed a system where players would "compete" in whatever way they could for limited resources rather than having instances.

I've finally come to the conclusion that the real solution is VELIOUS. From what I understand it'll triple the amount of raid content available . . which would almost perfectly fix our problem. So if you guys wanna fix the raid scene here, do whatever you can to get Velious out ASAP.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Banned

I like your general concept above. I think you could also add if naggy isn't dead within a certain time frame your rotation spot is skipped that week and it goes to the next member.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like your general concept above. I think you could also add if naggy isn't dead within a certain time frame your rotation spot is skipped that week and it goes to the next member.
Exactly
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

That's the sort of alternative I was suggesting when the ranting started. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarayador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, how many clerics in Taken/Divinity/BDA have pearls? How many will have pearls once the first-5 have their epics?
not sure of exact count. around 8 atm between taken and divinity. probably be over a dozen by the time those five are done
Old 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great, but bear in mind if I happen to be there myself on a char I won't mind KSing that because it doesn't apply to me or a whole slew of other people.

Good luck ksing IB...

Quote:
Frankly, this epitomizes why this server's taking a tumble. Lying, secret meetings and handshakes for personal gain and then come outside the door with a smile and say you've helped everyone.
Welcome to politics
52 Monk Happytime
Closed Thread