Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned

Default Devs flipped out

Azxten was a) right, and b) cordial. Multiple devs flipped out, used uncalled for ad-hominem attacks, and closed the thread. See for yourself.

Thoughts?
Last edited by nilbog; 03-14-2011 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: changed your thread title back
Old 03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

On second thought, Nilbog was polite. He did, however, dodge a bullet.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Project Manager

Yep, I totally flipped out and used ad hominems. What was your favorite part?

:P

edit: posted while you were replying
Old 03-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Project Manager

as far as his replies being cordial..

Quote:
certain classes are being left overpowered on purpose because devs play them or something.
Quote:
It's a rant about YOUR response which is complete fucking bullshit.
Quote:
but somehow you worked in nerfing Druid buffs.
Quote:
certain devs purposefully leave classes untouched while nerfing others.
This was in server chat, used ad hominems, and wasn't cordial, fyi.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

The guy was being an asshole. Got what he deserved imo
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Seems like a nice enough guy. I think I'll invite him over for buttered scones and tea.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

nilbog is a goblin, havnt you heard? he's hardly ever 'polite'

*catches nilbog's eye*

*panicks*

OH GOD DONT HURT ME!

*is dragged off by his hair into the dungeon by nilbog*
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

azxten made a good point about lodging a legitimate and justified report about whirl till you hurl and having it ignored for six months. when he brought that up, you dodged the bullet, which is why he became angry.

the question is--and i think its completely legitimate--why hasn't whirl till you hurl been nerfed yet? i won't go as far as azxten and claim class favoritism on the part of the devs. i will however point out that its suspicious. the way devs dismissed his claims, insulted him, and closed the thread, only makes it even more suspicious.

do you have to give a fuck? no. in the grand scheme of things its your server and you can do whatever the fuck you want.

all the players should watch this video. i don't have a sense of entitlement. i don't play a druid and my main is a chanter. i don't give a fuck one way or another.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

His claims were dismissed because he was taking it up in server chat in a thread that had nothing to do with the spell and doing so by attacking a dev that (afaik) does not work on spells.

When my phone service stops working I don't call up my power company, ask for the sales department and tell them what a shitty job they are doing.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
the question is--and i think its completely legitimate--why hasn't whirl till you hurl been nerfed yet? i won't go as far as azxten and claim class favoritism on the part of the devs. i will however point out that its suspicious. the way devs dismissed his claims, insulted him, and closed the thread, only makes it even more suspicious.
You're continuing that shit here? Ok awesome.

We have done a lot of development over the past year. If you haven't noticed, for the past many months, it has been centered around Kunark.

What we do NOT have are threads everywhere talking about how whirl till you hurl needs nerfing, every week since the launch of the server. If the thread from yesterday.. is the one you chose to spearhead this campaign, I'd choose a different one that has details in it.

I'll tell you the same thing I told azxten. Tell us how we can REALISTICALLY nerf what needs to be nerfed, by making it closer to how it should be in classic, with specifics. By specifics I mean.. it works this % of the time, and based on this evidence, it should work this % of the time. If we blindly nerf things, players will like the results even less.

Do you realize those who might fix this issue, that are going to read this thread? None, I'd hazard to guess. Haynar or Rogean?

Complaining about it in places like server chat, or rants and flames isn't gonna help anything. Go talk about it in the thread where it exists, bring up new information, maybe garner some support from the thousands of other people that aren't posting about it either.

I have no idea what you do for a hobby, but if I did, I could send you a list, of what I consider to be top priorities and how I want you to do them. You might reply back that you need more specifics to make it just how I like it. At this point, I'd probably claim favoritism, and/or tell you you're slow. If you delete or lock my request, it's a fucking conspiracy no doubt.
Last edited by nilbog; 03-14-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Closed Thread