Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey don't forget that druids have it pretty good here on p99. As if the spells you cast in your OP weren't wasteful enough root and snare shouldn't even overlap (snare breaks root, root breaks snare) until just after velious

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html (Jan 9th 2001)
Apart from anything else, what you are saying via this timeline is that Taunt should not affect mobs higher level than the taunter until after Velious?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

it would appear so, and that's how taunt is currently working on this server I think?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, 60 on P99.

I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. They're not even very good scouts. In fact, as far as I can tell, druid track on P99 has too big of a range and it should be nerfed. Druids are laughably bad in pvp.

Druids are basically good at two things: powerleveling other characters up to level 20-30 depending on class and popping around the world farming greens and light blues. That's pretty much it. Quad kiting isn't bad, but be ready for 10-15 minutes of meding in between each quad.

Why, you might ask, do I play a druid? I have no idea. If you want to be powerful, make an enchanter, a bard, or a necro.

Have a nice day!
Spot healing, debuffing( AC debuff is pretty useful imo), regeneration/chloro for necros/monks, healing in between CH chains, curing disease/poison.

you sound extremely experienced at ignoring a druids capabilities. but aside from all that, every class seems to be as useful, or as useless as you play them in this game.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spot healing, debuffing( AC debuff is pretty useful imo), regeneration/chloro for necros/monks, healing in between CH chains, curing disease/poison.

you sound extremely experienced at ignoring a druids capabilities. but aside from all that, every class seems to be as useful, or as useless as you play them in this game.
Our biggest heal in classic is Greater Healing, 270 hit points. Yes, once in a while we can save the enchanter, but our heal is basically irrelevant for a tank and if a squishy has aggro from a real mob, 270 hit points isn't going to save them. We can't even cast it as fast as high level mobs can do that much damage.

AC debuff? Do you mean Flame Lick?! That decreases AC by 4. Not 40. not 400. 4. Four. It's also extremely high aggro. In fact, it's a great spell for aggro kiting with rangers or wizards or pet classes. I used to do that in Plane of umm. One of those places in PoP. So if your idea is for a druid to get aggro and die quickly so he can afk until after the fight, great idea. Otherwise, not so much. Or do you mean Ro's Fiery Sundering (5 to 9 AC) or possibly Fixation of Ro (15 to 22 AC), both of which are Velious spells and also extremely high aggro?

Yes, necros love chloroplast and we actually had a raid role back before manastones were nerfed in the planes--everyone wanted chloroplast AND SLN and they cost tons of mana so we basically spent all our time medding and casting those two buffs, which was fine. Monks mostly don't care about ten hit points a tick. They just get a CH when they're under 50% or so and mend is down. I usually buffed pull monks, but honestly 100 hit points a minute has very little effect. Furthermore, shamans can also cast chloroplast for the two or three necros on any given raid.

Yes, druids get Counteract Disease and Counteract Poison, which means if we chain cast, we can cure one person of the dracoliche effect in between area effects. Cool. On the other hand, shamans get Abolish Disease and clerics get Abolish Poison, both of which are more than four times as effective as counteract.

Maybe you should learn a little bit about druid abilities before disagreeing with me. I really do know what I'm talking about. If you want to point out ways druids can actually make themselves useful, we can charm gorillas in fear and rats in hate and do a shitload of damage because of our pet-only haste spell. We're decent at kiting adds in open areas like Fear, although we better be perfect at the kite.

But the bottom line is that druid is about the last choice of class for any given situation. Instead of regening the necro, just bring another necro. Instead of healing the enchanter, just bring another enchanter. We can't even port people to the planes.

It's nice that you want to try to prove me wrong by glancing at the druid spell list, but your half-assed conflusion just happens to be grossly wrong.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

I left off Immolate, which is also has an AC debuff element of 10 to 18 AC. It's also high aggro and super high resist. Excellent.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

regen is important on the pull monks because they are often FD away from the raid, so they can't get healed. at least all the monks i played with did give a crap about 10 hps/tick. hell, if they could get 1 more hp/tick they would do it.

so, yeah, in classic, druids not so great for raiding. but they got more useful every expansion. they are certainly became valuable secondary healers for aoe's and such. though i don't think they really came in to their own till after velious, so on this server....meh
Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
regen is important on the pull monks because they are often FD away from the raid, so they can't get healed. at least all the monks i played with did give a crap about 10 hps/tick. hell, if they could get 1 more hp/tick they would do it.

so, yeah, in classic, druids not so great for raiding. but they got less useful every expansion. they are certainly became valuable secondary healers for aoe's and such. though i don't think they really came in to their own till after velious, so on this server....meh
Old 03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Fixed! It gets worse, not better. Mobs hit harder, have more hit points, higher resists. We get the nice FR/CR buffs in Kunark and that becomes our bigger raid role until... whatever that mana regen hp buff is.

What you will never hear in EQ: the raid has been canceled because we don't have any druids.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Banned

ok so whats an alternative to druid that's solo friendly as i haev no friends
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Large Bat

This thread has been very enlightening. Thank you all for the info, keep it coming! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread