Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimm Barely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok so whats an alternative to druid that's solo friendly as i haev no friends
Wizards are in a similar boat to druids until 51. Quad kiting rocks, but soloing single mobs isn't very fun. At 51, wizards get an AoE spell that is so much more efficient from their previously most efficient AoE that its really ridiculous...

But 1-24 sucks. 24 is when quad kiting actually became worthwhile for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our biggest heal in classic is Greater Healing, 270 hit points.
Curious that you would limit your comments to classic when Kunark is less than 2 weeks away.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, <b>60 on P99</b>.
Just bumping this in case you insist this was a classic only discussion.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i guarantee that he leveled to 60 on beta
Old 03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Honestly, In my eyes they totally killed our class. I am level 33 I tried to kill a yellow HG yesterday it resisted snare 3 times then killed me cause I didn't know SoC broke SoW now. So then I decide hum well i cant solo HG's now lets try a griffon. The griffon was snared for about 30 seconds. I hit it with creeping crud, resisted my evocation dot Immolate. 3 Times, then preceeded to break snare and kill me I honestly can't find where it says what they changed but whatever it was it ruined the game for me I'm certainly not playing my druid till I can kite stuff again. So you nerf the fuck out of the druid and let the necros and mages be OP as fuck I mean you say druids are OP but we cant do near the damage of any of those classes but I guess we can heal for a shitty ammount of HP. But If i wanted to friggin heal. Wouldn't I have rolled a cleric?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was obviously a typo. I'm 50 on P99.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Our Kunark lineup of heals is:

Super Healing 540 hit points 185 mana (2.92 hp/mana) 3.5 second casting time
Chloroblast 428 hit points 175 mana (2.45 hp/mana) 3 second casting time
Nature's Touch 978 hit points 400 mana (2.45 hp/mana) 5.5 second casting time

Do you really want to be on the side arguing that those are great choices? They're certainly better than Greater Healing, which is basically garbage, but they're far from main healing eligibility. If it makes you feel better to patch heal a couple melees or casters, enjoy it. That's what I usually did on raids, but it made a whole lot more sense to log out and bring my cleric.

So what do you want to get excited about? Wildfire? Winged Death? Circles of Summer and Winter? That's about all there is. Our only really cool spells in Kunark are Egress and Succor. They're really solid. The rest? Increasingly worse than the equivalent heals, nukes and dots from the better classes.

You can argue all day long and druids will still be a pretty weak class.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Banned

Whoops! I used current numbers for Superior Healing; my mistake. Here's the classic numbers:

540 hit points 250 mana (2.16 hp/mana) 4.5 second casting time

Awesome, huh?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Druids can be a tree

Get over it :/
Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Banned

Spirit of Oak is actually a really good tree to be, if one can get one's hands on the scroll.

I'm not even trying to talk anyone out of being a druid. I'm just saying here are the realities, get used to it. Getting tipped 25 platinum for ports now and again isn't a road to riches, so if someone is going to play a druid, it'd better be just because they like the idea of a druid.
Closed Thread