Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*SNIP*
Well said! That is why I chose to back it. I will definitely raise my backing $$ if they release new backing rewards for a higher tier. I'm really hoping that people like me see this Kickstarter as a chance for an MMO revolution. I've had enough of easy theme park games where everyone can solo everything but raids. I like to heal and be counted upon to be a vital group member. The social interactions I have in groups in Classic EQ blow any other game out of the water. We all need eachother to get by and thats a great way to make lasting bonds.

Can't wait to tackle this thing together.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 01-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you enjoy the modern mmo experience. You can probably still solo in Pantheon by doing less challenging things. Like soloing blues.
I do, I really do. I guess now that I'm older I see games in a whole different way: I'm not at all serious about them, not at all interested in being a hardcore gamer or raider, and really just want to enjoy myself with others in a large world. It doesn't become my life (I will never, ever schedule my life around MMO raid times or anything like that) and I don't play them to make friends or be social. There's not too many other players my age to be social with anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had enough of easy theme park games where everyone can solo everything but raids. I like to heal and be counted upon to be a vital group member. The social interactions I have in groups in Classic EQ blow any other game out of the water. We all need eachother to get by and thats a great way to make lasting bonds.
See I've never once formed a last bond over a videogame. The entire idea is alien to me. Videogames are where I go to get away from the world, including friends and family. I'm not saying I don't make friendly acquaintances in MMOs but I don't form bonds or actual friendships. I actually prefer to keep real life out of MMOs, not knowing a person's real name or anything. Once real life creeps into a game immersion and illusion are lost for me, and that avatar I'm killing undead with is now no longer Legolas Drizt the elf archer but Jack Thompson the 19 year old kid from St. Louis Missouri.

(and yes I don't like to be reminded that I'm playing games with kids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I know I am but so long as real life never invades the game I can maintain the illusion)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

They sold me at the 1800$ donation snippet that they gave us:

New Class: Druid
Got SOW?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fuck yeah! This game sounds awesome.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

lasting bonds in-game doesn't mean IRL too
Old 01-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

New tiers added, upped my pledge from 45 to 250. Lifetime sub ahhh yeah. Plus a free second account.... I hope they give it alpha / beta access.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New tiers added, upped my pledge from 45 to 250. Lifetime sub ahhh yeah. Plus a free second account.... I hope they give it alpha / beta access.
Dibs on your extra account sir!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dibs on your extra account sir!
K, but my boy will be pretty upset with you.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
K, but my boy will be pretty upset with you.
halfsies?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Probably not. P.S. my post count now 666, I'm out!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Probably not. P.S. my post count now 666, I'm out!
I debated that same idea when I hit 1337 and 1999.