Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 03:51 AM
Aviak

Default Quests for evil races

Hiya,

I was wondering how some iksars can bank in freeport. Must be a quest I guess to raise your faction...?

Is that possible with let's say an oger, as well?

And what can I do to raise Highkeep faction as evil race? Killing the shralok orcs, right?

Greetings,
Fettsack
Old 11-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Bankers even when kos will still let you bank as long as they dont have you in their line of sight. The trick most people use is to invis in and out, although at high levels it wont matter for North Freeport at least as long as you keep out of the banker's view.

Position yourself in line with the bankers just inside the Freeport bank at that first wall (if unsure you'll see someone else use the spot soon enough). Then scroll back on the mouse wheel facing the bankers, and right click... it might take some small movements to get it but you'll soon nail it.

Also works for Felwithe, Kelethin, Overthere, FV...and anywhere else where there's a wall surrounding the banker.

Better that way than doing hours of faction work.

As for Highkeep faction, and particularly if you're an iksar necro... dont bother. The nobles/bards are too good not to do at 48-54, and you can still sell to Tarn Visilin, and feign death bank when you need to <3
Old 11-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Aviak

hello and thanks for the hint with the banker! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway I did some reasearch and digged out this at wiki:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

great stuff if one is a real masochist - which is 99% of the EQ-population (otherwise we would not play this game). ;-)
Old 11-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing beats a good faction grind. Can't count how many times I did the Rebby's whiskers quest on my red bard...faction has an extra dimension with guards etc on red.

Maybe we need a faction challenge thread for the crazy people out there wanting to be popular everywhere.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

When you are low level, faction feels like it's going to be important. Once you are 45+, unless you are a warrior without a means to invis or sneak, you realize that just about every faction is pointless to care about.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Raising faction can be deceptive and cost you some deaths. There are wanderers in some areas that are on a different faction than the one you raised to give you access to the bank. My iksar monk died in Qeynos learning that lesson (the caster guild nukes hard and is on a different faction than the merchants and guards).

Now I sneak and FD to bank and sell, rather than worrying about faction. It keeps you on your toes. Invis pots are cheap to carry around also
Old 11-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Theres a 55 bard on blue, Aaldaerion or some shit like that, has perfect faction with everyone except 1 faction. I forget which one he said. Must be nice to go anywhere lol.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rization [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres a 55 bard on blue, Aaldaerion or some shit like that, has perfect faction with everyone except 1 faction. I forget which one he said. Must be nice to go anywhere lol.
Aalderon! Last I saw him he was running around The Warrens trying to max Peacekeeper faction.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rization [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty much impossible to max out certain factions because in order to raise one you have to trash out another. He probably just meant he has guard faction. That being said, you can come pretty darn close with a ton of effort.

I would imagine wolf form + alliance are also critical (assuming the faction buffs stack) in getting a lot of them like Order of the Three etc.)

The absolute worst part about factioning on this server is that for many quests, you can only turn in 1 item at a time, which means you will be sitting there turning in 1 item several thousand times to max your faction.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Orc

The hardest is Grobb/Oggok. You basicly have to pick one because just about everything you do trashes faction with the other. That said on live back in the day i had my Human SK good(well not KOS) with all city factions other then Grobb before PoP came out. So it is possible.

Speaking of factions.. anyone know how many kobolds it takes to get Non KoS in paineel via the warrens if you start say.. human cleric? I think the faction hits for those are low.. maybe only 1 per ... so grind and grind i go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread