Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grombar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of factions.. anyone know how many kobolds it takes to get Non KoS in paineel via the warrens if you start say.. human cleric? I think the faction hits for those are low.. maybe only 1 per ... so grind and grind i go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6 minute respawn definitely helps. You start out just below dubious, need apprehensive to turn in molars and indifferent to get a key. (That means if you get someone to open for you, you can turn in molars sooner.)
Old 11-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Orc

Yeah, human cleric to Emarr starts out as KoS, have all the stuff to do the helm/ sheild quest but need to be at least dubious since i don't know anyone with a AoN and would rather not risk the 3 tick necro nuke illusion. Some blue mobs down there so not a total wash. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Kobold

I am working on a guide to banking for evil chars, but not had much time spare to do it at the moment.
What I have found though, is the invis banking works very well and is much preferred over grinding faction! I will try and finish my guide soon, which will show which zones you can invis bank in and where to stand etc etc, along with faction quests IF you did want to grind the faction.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grombar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hardest is Grobb/Oggok. You basicly have to pick one because just about everything you do trashes faction with the other. That said on live back in the day i had my Human SK good(well not KOS) with all city factions other then Grobb before PoP came out. So it is possible.

Speaking of factions.. anyone know how many kobolds it takes to get Non KoS in paineel via the warrens if you start say.. human cleric? I think the faction hits for those are low.. maybe only 1 per ... so grind and grind i go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grobb and Oggok aren't the worst, Neriak is definitely the worst if you want to try and be able to go anywhere. If you're already KOS to say, indigo warriors then the only way to raise that is to kill queenxz,cj,cvx or kingqouiphahsdf or whatever their names are, but they're on opposing factions.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Orc

Iksars start dubious with Indigo Brotherhoos unless you were killing orcs in Crushbone. DE merchants are apprehensive at start, and their faction is easiest to fix, with Red Wine quest in Neriak 3rd Gate. The quest gives positive hits with Neriak guards as well. For iksar monk / shaman took 40 stacks of red wine to make max ally with Neriak vendors and apprehensive with guards inside and outside the city. Nero/SK, clerics and casters will still be threatening, but are easily avoidable with invis/FD or if you know your way around the city
Old 11-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars start dubious with Indigo Brotherhoos unless you were killing orcs in Crushbone. DE merchants are apprehensive at start, and their faction is easiest to fix, with Red Wine quest in Neriak 3rd Gate. The quest gives positive hits with Neriak guards as well. For iksar monk / shaman took 40 stacks of red wine to make max ally with Neriak vendors and apprehensive with guards inside and outside the city. Nero/SK, clerics and casters will still be threatening, but are easily avoidable with invis/FD or if you know your way around the city
My erudite wizard was able to improve all factions in grobb and oggok and can go anywhere in those cities (except where the dark elves are in grobb)

Neriak I'm at an impass with the damn opposing factions, already done the red wine quest but does nothing for the factions that still hate me.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My erudite wizard was able to improve all factions in grobb and oggok and can go anywhere in those cities (except where the dark elves are in grobb)

Neriak I'm at an impass with the damn opposing factions, already done the red wine quest but does nothing for the factions that still hate me.
Some are more tricky than others, you only want the guard/vendor factions really.

Indigo Brotherhood as an example, unless you walk into the warrior guild by accident it's not going to be fatal.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rization [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres a 55 bard on blue, Aaldaerion or some shit like that, has perfect faction with everyone except 1 faction. I forget which one he said. Must be nice to go anywhere lol.
I still have a ways to go - definitely missing more than 1 faction but I have made significant progress with many factions maxed. All of Cabilis is maxed minus the Brood of Kotiz which is at Indifferent, all of Grobb and all of the guilds in Erudin - to list a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty much impossible to max out certain factions because in order to raise one you have to trash out another. He probably just meant he has guard faction. That being said, you can come pretty darn close with a ton of effort.

I would imagine wolf form + alliance are also critical (assuming the faction buffs stack) in getting a lot of them like Order of the Three etc.)

The absolute worst part about factioning on this server is that for many quests, you can only turn in 1 item at a time, which means you will be sitting there turning in 1 item several thousand times to max your faction.
I've done quite a bit of research and I am currently working on a guide. It is possible to max all factions that can be raised but only for certain class/race combinations and must be done in a specific order. Being a Half Elf Agnostic Bard gives me the opportunity to raise virtually all of these factions.

Quote:
The hardest is Grobb/Oggok. You basicly have to pick one because just about everything you do trashes faction with the other.
Not true. I am max Ally with Dark Ones, Shadowknights of Nightkeep, Da Bashers and GrobbMerchants without ever lowering my Oggok faction. You're just not doing the right quests! It's also worth noting that even as an agnostic half elf, WITH dark elf mask you start at threateningly with Grobb (faction song takes you to apprehensive.) I found this interesting because I can't imagine any Dark Elf class/diety combo starting out KOS to Grobb. This must mean that Grobb hates music.... well, hatED. I regularly do performances there now.

Another instance of classism came into play with Cabilis' shamen. At perfect faction with Scaled Mystics I am capped at Warmly, not Ally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neriak is definitely the worst if you want to try and be able to go anywhere. If you're already KOS to say, indigo warriors then the only way to raise that is to kill queenxz,cj,cvx or kingqouiphahsdf or whatever their names are, but they're on opposing factions.
I consider Neriak to be the 'crown jewel' achievement for factions not only because of the complex situation between King Thex and his wife but because some of the quest turn-ins take quite a bit of work.

The Spurned falls in my top 5 most difficult factions to raise, for example. There is only 1 quest to raise the faction and there are only 2 hits during the quest. However, unless you are an Enchanter you must be a Halfling, Troll Shaman, or Dark Elf/Human Cleric to be able to do the 2nd part of the quest. The first part involves killing specific halfling in Nektulos and turning his lore head in at Neriak. He is a static spawn but has a placeholder which makes it tiresome. This also LOWERS The Dead, so it must be done before the final work begins on raising their faction.

To your specific point about the Indigo Brotherhood. The King/Queen factions are of no concern for raising Indigo Brotherhood and I have only found 2 NPCs that actually use Queen Christanos Thex, and none yet that use King (N)Aythox Thex. If you're already KOS to the Indigo Brotherhood the only way to raise their faction is by killing elven slaves in Crushbone. You will utterly demolish your elven factions all of which can be easily repaired with the exception of the Kelethin/Felwithe merchant factions which are quite difficult (and happen to be my current project ATM). Also, if you are using slaves to raise your Indigo Brotherhood faction you will likely be destroying Kaladim as well while clearing out dwarven slave placeholders, unless you use an alt to clear them for you.

But yes, Neriak is very challenging. It is the easiest city to 'break in' to (Red Wine) and the hardest the out and out master. Currently I am only KOS to The Spurned (nearly dubious), Indigo Brotherhood and the Ebon Mask Rogues (whose faction is apparently bugged ATM). I am currently max Ally to Dreadguards, Dark Bargainers and Priests of Innoruuk, Apprehensive to Queen Christanos Thex and The Dead, and Indifferent to Neriak Ogres.

It'll be some time still before I finish my max faction guide but feel free to /tell me if you ever have any faction questions.
Closed Thread