Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Where is the Wedar guide? Im looking but cant find it and would love to look it over!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

At level 54 you will get eaten alive in HS and honestly no one really wants to group with monks in there unless they are friends. As mentioned above, there are many barriers to a monk being successful in Charasis and your journey will almost certainly end in disaster unless you get a team together.

Lagging out and dying at zone in is a very real threat also.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Can't believe no one mentioned it or maybe I skimmed over it, but the obvious answer for getting into HS for the first few times while you learn the ropes is bum a double invis in OT which is almost always available. This is especially true if you carry some IVU pots so you only have to bum a regular invis from one of the 30 druids in the zone.

If you kill or train away the scorpikis (lvl 35ish SK) on top of the orb you don't even need double invis, just an IVU pot and you will never eat more than 1 HT and some random warrior mob melee while zoning in.

If a see invis bile golem is up at entrance, which is probably like a 10% chance, you will at most get 1 HT if you are double invis. A lot of people new to HS think every bile golem that spawns at ent sees invis, but they don't.

A few root nets wont hurt for the times you cant get double invis or everything goes wrong at once.

Stay away from the east stairs and don't aggro the pather on the stairs ever, that is what kills most people at ent.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Kobold

HS just isn't a great zone for monks, imo. People have said it's all soloers but in my experience, duos and trios are common as well, and full groups aren't THAT rare (depends on the wing, really).

The problem is that HS does not lend itself well to the skills a monk brings to the table. Most pulls with have at least one harm touch involved, often several harm touches, and they aren't easy to split without lulls. So pet pulling is the ideal choice.

If you can't pull, you could always DPS.... but HS is populated mostly by Enchanters, Necros and Clerics. Charmed hasted DW pets are going to be pumping out damage, so your contributions there aren't as significant. You'll automatically have aggro over a pet, but NPC's have a boatload of hitpoints so CHeal is even more efficient than usual on charmed pets - its better for them to have aggro, not you.

Since none of the charmed pets are rogues, you don't need a melee to keep aggro for pets to do their backstabs. You basically don't need melee in HS at all. And the only remaining role is to handle charm breaks, which the usual combination of Enchanter, Necromancer And/Or Cleric will be doing, and you won't be contributing there.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:22 AM
Aviak

Find a shaman to duo with, it'll be fine. Have duoed basement with monks a few times, and it's not bad at all. For the shaman it will be much more relaxing than babysitting an enc or necro. Slightly slower kills but steadier since no charm hassles.
Haven't done the hole much, so the people claiming it's much better might be right. Try both and let us know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

A somewhat geared monk can solo a spot like North safe ledge in semi afk mode... stay FD untill full HP and Mend up, pull a single roamer (easy), ideally with eye to eat HT. Kill, rince repeat. A mob every 10 min or so...

Slow and boring but you'll gain exp solo in HS..

Probably best 58+
Old 01-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Thank you all for the great input.

From what I have read so far I will skip my idea to go there solo as monk. It was a bit of dream from live cause I remember the times I've been there with friends and it's was great fun and a great adventure back in the days. I will give The Hole a try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Banned

Find a shaman buddy and go anywhere you want.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Not saying dont go. But might want to go at 57-58 instead, with a shaman, and you will rock it.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Kobold

I don't believe you will be able to make it to the exit and will be trapped without an OT hammer....
Closed Thread