Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VD and IB only want it enforced the way it was in 2010 because it caters their play style.
We want it handled/enforced in a consistent manner, so that everyone knows what to expect. I think we all want that. You, me, everyone.

Actually, we all want people to be able to work things out for themselves. But, sadly, we know THAT isn't going to happen because everyone's gotta have their pixels. And there are people from all sorts of different cultures and mindsets with different expectations of respecting others, entitlement, and time vs. reward.

So we're left with needing stuff objectively spelled out for us so everyone is at least on the same page. (i.e. instead of "don't be a douchenozzle" rules that never work because what I think is being a douchenozzle is different than someone else's.)

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

Thank god I don't raid. Seems like almost all of you raiders are completely self absorbed.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

The only reason we can't work anything out is because people treat guild tags like political parties. Oh and R&F.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We want it handled/enforced in a consistent manner, so that everyone knows what to expect.
The consistent manner was that phinny is a camp, not a raid. If you want it handled and enforced that way, your guild members and friends should have listened to Amelinda.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The consistent manner was that phinny is a camp, not a raid. If you want it handled and enforced that way, your guild members and friends should have listened to Amelinda.
Okay, what other parts of the raid rules are being handled and enforced contrary to what is written, just so everyone on the server is on the same page? Because I'm confused as hell as to what to do if I want to see what the rules are in case I get into a situation where I need to know if I'm being screwed over or not by someone else. I guess there are "extra rules" or "exceptions to rules" that are generally accepted by the players (and guides/GMs apparently) that somehow aren't reflected in the raid rules post?

Again, someone on staff please take Phinny off of that list so we're all on equal footing in terms of what our expectations are.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Kobold

So since phinny is 1 groupable it's not a raid mob? What about other targets like say Draco, Maestro, Naggy, Vox. All of those can be killed by 1 group hell I bet you could get Faydedar with 1 group even Xygoz in VP barely takes more than 1 group to kill. So does that mean I can camp them and they are no longer under the raid rules? Where do you draw the line
Old 01-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So since phinny is 1 groupable it's not a raid mob? What about other targets like say Draco, Maestro, Naggy, Vox. All of those can be killed by 1 group hell I bet you could get Faydedar with 1 group even Xygoz in VP barely takes more than 1 group to kill. So does that mean I can camp them and they are no longer under the raid rules? Where do you draw the line
Phinny is 3 mannable
Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not what can be, it's what is and has been. Stop twisting shit. It's been proven time and time again. It's been called a camp, time and time again. The majority of the people that have done phinny pre epics have considered it a camp and respected camp calls by a single group time and time again.

Show me people single grouping draco and calling it a camp and repeatedly taking it out. Show me the countless Maestro groups that have been formed to sock Maestro and succeeded. Naggy? Vox? Fay?

Has anyone on this server seen any raid target listed, other than Phinny, constantly taken out over the past year by 6 or less people? I bet you can't name a single one other than him.

It's been called a camp prior to epics, it's been handled as a camp prior to epics, it's been grouped as a camp prior to epics. The only reason you are all in an uproar about it now is that a few mages with some friends might claim it and you can't force them out with sheer numbers.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Kobold

We have done maestro as a duo and trio several times (including the heroic mode version), if those players were interested in clearing maestro room and waiting for him they certainly could camp it with a small force. With those kind of numbers though it is not a guaranteed victory and another grouping would probably benefit from waiting around to see what happens.

I too find it extremely unlikely a single group of players will ever be bored enough to keep a portion of fear clear on repop to enable them to camp draco as an xp mob, he can be killed with 1 group though so it would in theory be possible.

The idea of dragons being 1 groupable is not viable IMO. While nagafen and vox certainly would be by lvl 60's that is no longer possible. The regen alone on the kunark targets mentioned would prohibit a single group from success.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:45 AM
Banned

Apparently using a certain tactic, killing Naggy or Vox with a group and a half of lvls 40-50 with almost no resist gear is very possible. We're discussing it on the other side of the tracks right now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Closed Thread