Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: keep it nerfed or wat?
un-nerf it 361 89.14%
keep it nerfed 44 10.86%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Kobold

It wasn't that kedge xp was ever overpowered but at launch kunark xp was underpowered. The kunark xp has since been fixed but it is still faster to xp 50-60 in solb on spiders/imps or permafrost pits because the npcs have less hitpoints than what you find in kunark dungeons.

This comes at the cost of loot, you certainly won't get kunark quality upgrades in the old world.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Banned

Except in the case of GEBs =). Not many casters that don't run around in a fresh pair.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trystych [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't that kedge xp was ever overpowered but at launch kunark xp was underpowered. The kunark xp has since been fixed but it is still faster to xp 50-60 in solb on spiders/imps or permafrost pits because the npcs have less hitpoints than what you find in kunark dungeons.

This comes at the cost of loot, you certainly won't get kunark quality upgrades in the old world.
Exactly. Kedge was forgotten and never increased again after the initial mistake of decreasing the xp. However, I did not forget and will not forget. PUT THE XP BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Although I am for the un-nerf, I'm more akin to the disregard to what the playerbase wants as to making things "easier". I love it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Kobold

Part of the reason people were leveling so fast in Kedge back in march/april was because of charm, which was also nerfed. They would charm the named sharks (which have high MR) to kill mermaids + seahorses. Before the charm nerf, I did 59-60 in about 20 hours of played time in permafrost as a druid. (all without boxing a cleric and mage to plevel me, too)

After the ZEM reduction, kedge just isn't worth it. I found sol b dogs to be much better for the low to mid 40s, then karnor's. It's important to look at other factors aside from exp per kill. Kedge mobs have a wide level range, named sharks and all horses have highish MR, aggroing through walls is a problem, AoEing cleric and druid buffed level 1 fish increase downtime, few mobs are single pulled without lull, and just plain running out of mobs that are level appropriate are all issues.

The old ZEM might have been a bit much, but the current ZEM is too low if you want Kedge to match the exp rates of alternatives.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't nerfed, it was reduced from obscenity. It still has the highest ZEM in the db. Kill faster.

I would respectfully ask for a verification of said reduction from obscenity, as I believe that the intent was to slightly reduce and the result is to kill completely.

I've leveled many toons in kedge pre-nerf, and tried to level a couple post-nerf, and the xp rate went from overpowered to abysmal. Given all the extra obstacles that kedge offers already, I think it should have gone from overpowered to very good. I don't believe that in its current state it actually reflects the best ZEM in the db, which is what makes me ask for a re-check, if at all possible.

'stuce
Old 01-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

is kedge still good around level 55 when does it stop being an exp orgasm
Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

I hate Kedge so bad, but if the xp flows like crack in the projects.... I'll be there.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except in the case of GEBs =). Not many casters that don't run around in a fresh pair.
I need a fresh pair. Mine smell like sweaty Erudite feet.
Closed Thread