Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Sarnak

Charm on Live at this point in the game was SO reliable, that I would literally go afk with my level 75 pet that quadded for 1400 damage without any worry whatsoever
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

I think your best bet is to do what others have done and submit logs of how charm is working for you. My guess is Kanras has a target in mind for low/average/long charms and their frequencies, so maybe if you can provide some data points for him he can continue to make adjustments.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravelle1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm on Live at this point in the game was SO reliable, that I would literally go afk with my level 75 pet that quadded for 1400 damage without any worry whatsoever
at this point in the game? max level is 60, broski
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at this point in the game? max level is 60, broski
engage sarcasm detector
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
engage sarcasm detector
yeah, because sarcasm and tone is totally easy to convey through text amirite?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

With the insane level and damage values the person listed for 'this point in the game,' yes, it should be easy.

And I can tell you were being sarcastic there.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

1. I havn't played a ENC in prob a year. I know this is a hot topic so i make threads about it. Seems like a lot of folks were very AGRO about that change.

2. And Charm is Great for quests... How ya going to get your PALie epic without charming the Lich in Everfrost to turn in Miragul's Head? And how ya going to get ya Port Hammer in OT ? CHARM so ya charm is great for quests. Jokes on U.

3. Ban me for spending dozen's of hours reading old boards ? This is susposed to be a Time-line server --- Timeline changes are Great, but what is simply a nurf? I've not seen anyone post boards from 2001 to support anything they have to say. As I recall certain GMs have said where's the proof? Well read the old boards.. its there.
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by redghosthunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how ya going to get ya Port Hammer in OT?
Illusion: DE + benevolence?

But yeah, part of the chanter epic is called 'test of charm' and you just run around Kunark charming stuff...not that it requires charm to hold for very long but it is certainly a class defining skill.

I plan on hopping on the chanter this weekend to find out if charm is really as useless as you're claiming. If it is really this bad I'd imagine Kanras would be open to tweaking it...we'll see.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Ext,

I havn't played the ENC in a year man. I just picked up on, feelings of the ENCs i read about after the April patch.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=33579&page=16

there are TONs of wining on charm if ya do a search. I know most people don't know how to play their class. However, most other classes hate ENCs and have used politics to try and bring a nontimeline change.
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by redghosthunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ext,

I havn't played the ENC in a year man. I just picked up on, feelings of the ENCs i read about after the April patch.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=33579&page=16

there are TONs of wining on charm if ya do a search. I know most people don't know how to play their class. However, most other classes hate ENCs and have used politics to try and bring a nontimeline change.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I read the posts of the people who had logged their charm durations and it seemed like the frequency of early breaks was too high. I remember getting bad runs of 2 or 3 quick breaks but they didn't happen that often. Overall on live I rarely soloed with charm, but with a healer partner or in a solid group I remember charm being viable.

Anyway, I was just saying I'm eager to test it out on my 40 enchanter to see how bad it really is.