Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

I think how well you tolerate an Iksar SK is going to depend on your state of mind. If you're constantly focusing on grinding out levels, trying to get as high as possible as quickly as possible, you're probably going to be miserable. This is going to be amplified by a lack of quality gear and SK's being fairly gear dependent. You're also KOS to the rest of the world and lack a support structure of friends to port you around, group with you, and help you bind and bank.

But if you focus on the journey, on the present, then it will be more than tolerable. I make sure to change leveling spots often and try to visit as many places as possible to keep things fresh. I alternate between grouping and soloing. I just suck up as much of Norrath as I can without rushing or feeling like I need to race to 60, because your exp will never race.

Hell, I've even done some RP for the first time in an MMO and it's been a hell of a good time.

I think the most helpful tip I can give you if you decide to pursue this... try your hardest to make good friends with a shaman or druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Aviak

Had a good time lastnight playing i am almost lvl 7 woot lol...

I am in no rush to get to lvl 60 some of the best times i had in EQ were the leveling, deing and doing corpse runs!

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Aviak

I recommend Ogre - higher STR/STA and slightly more INT. You also can't be stunned from front so easier to cast. Less penalty as well.

IMO the regen isn't really worth going troll.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

stick to your Ikky SK! I played one on live back when Kunark was launched and I had a blast. Moss+fbss+Ceremonial Ikky BP+Sarnak battle shield is what you should be looking for. once you get higher. I recommend camping Kurns from 10-20 and look for Solists Icy Wand. That would get you in business. I play Iksar shammy, will buff you if I see you around. GL!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stick to your Ikky SK! I played one on live back when Kunark was launched and I had a blast. Moss+fbss+Ceremonial Ikky BP+Sarnak battle shield is what you should be looking for. once you get higher. I recommend camping Kurns from 10-20 and look for Solists Icy Wand. That would get you in business. I play Iksar shammy, will buff you if I see you around. GL!
damn i am just gonna stick with it screw it!so many mixed msgs about the race its hard to decide if i should re roll or not..

its going to be a long while before i am able to get any of that stuff i think lol but i will work at it i have never played an SK so i am not sure how well they solo so farming money could be hard for a while until i get some gear or the hang of it...

if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it.. i have a whole assload of spider silk ATM about 10 stacks!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I suggest thinking about faction very early to make life easier. IMHO, you should live in Crushbone from lvl 9-15. Killing the orcs non-stop will eventually allow you to bank and bind in Kaladim (be sure to do the CB belt quest..but be careful as there is a pally near the turn-in NPC that will kill you, regardless of your faction). Now, my Iksar can walk around tree city (elves won't sell to me though), and bank and sell in Kaladim (amiable to dorfs atm). Now, quite easy to bank and sell stuff when grinding in unrest and other zones. Also, Kaladim is easy to port to and near a boat launch.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it.. i have a whole assload of spider silk ATM about 10 stacks!
The real money silk is Spiderling.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real money silk is Spiderling.
damn lol i knew it seemed to easy =/

just had two frustrating deaths back to back and it set me back about 30 min but i am almost back where i was before i died

Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrakhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest thinking about faction very early to make life easier. IMHO, you should live in Crushbone from lvl 9-15. Killing the orcs non-stop will eventually allow you to bank and bind in Kaladim (be sure to do the CB belt quest..but be careful as there is a pally near the turn-in NPC that will kill you, regardless of your faction). Now, my Iksar can walk around tree city (elves won't sell to me though), and bank and sell in Kaladim (amiable to dorfs atm). Now, quite easy to bank and sell stuff when grinding in unrest and other zones. Also, Kaladim is easy to port to and near a boat launch.
thanks for the advice... i want to get to lvl 9 and get some spells before i go anywhere

Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a tank as a first char - an Iksar SK at that - is a hard road. If this one char is all you intend to play and you really want to play it, then go for it. On the other hand, if you intend to play multiples, then I'd start with Necro or a Druid probably, and use them to farm items and cash to supply your tank.

Treeweave is the best, cheap chest option for an Iksar SK btw. I have a level 41 Iksar SK. The leveling is really slowing down now.
i just rerolled off my troll sk at lvl 40. what this guy here said post 40 ur grind slows down dramatically (or I have noticed) and my SK was pretty twinked.
edit: i am aware 40 is hell lvl i meant slows down due to reasons i listed below

a) mob health goes up dramatically so fear kite takes alot more mana (specs in oasis are dark blue and using undead fear for 1/4 mana ill go thru about 50%) where as earlier lvls 22-39 i could maybe go 5-6 mobs in a row without a med
b) the 68% is hard the whole way but there isnt a level I found at least where you gain some new skill that increases ur killing speed (solo) to take the bite away even a little. If I made another SK i would go human or DE honestly youll still be a beast endgame (i mean really though how likely are you gonna do end game)

iksar and troll look sickest for sure and regen is nice but i dont think its worth the exp if you are at all a casual gamer without twink gear.
Closed Thread