Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Lottery!! Start a lottery with every cleric able and willing to finish. When it pops amelinda randomly picks a number and then that person gets it. Or just keep up with the waste of everyones time. . .maybe if the lottery was even done early so people knew who was getting it next others could offer plat or shit for that guys golden ticket. . Maybe just MAYBE everyone poopsocking would actually be able to spend time with their FAMILIES.

W/E works right? Lol unless this is a ploy by staff to get everyone to get along.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Kobold

Tiered Seeded Partial Draft Rotation is the best way to go. I spent a solid month doing research on it over a year ago. It appeases all angles (ie there's still a thrill of the chase, not every mob goes on rotation, mobs don't get locked down, it keeps the top at the top but doesn't exclude those at the bottom, it cuts down on poopsocking, cuts down on drama, cuts down on all the negative).

1) Guilds are in Tiers based on Playstyle and/or Ability
2) Guilds are "seeded" much like the NFL draft.....the draft order changes every week to ensure a true rotation.
3) Partial meaning not every mob goes on Rotation therefore plenty of FFA targets left.
4) Draft - Do so in Rounds, with Round 1 being Tier 1 Guilds only....Round 2 being Tier 1 and 2 Guilds Only, etc.
5) Rotation - mobs/zones can't be chosen in the same round until it has been selected in all rounds. So if Trak is chosen in Round 1, it can't be chosen in round 1 until it has been chosen in Rounds 2 and 3 (this opens up content to other guilds, but since Top Guilds get more selections per week, it doesn't mean they couldn't feasibly get Trak 2 or 3 weeks in a row depending on other Guilds' selections).

Complicated to get started - but covers anything and everything (not just Rage).

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Last edited by Acillatem; 01-19-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great backstory to the server which has absolutely no relevance to ragefire.

Also, this is fucking everquest Time Invested = Rewards. Hurp de derp.
I realize that a lot of the people that like to talk about "time invested" as a euphemism for poop-socking didn't actually play end-game on Live, so let me explain why people have a problem with the current variances on this server: they're not classic. This "time invested" didn't exist on Live -- it's a product of P99 trying to find a solution to the cluster-fuck of end-game that existed on Live and should exist here. Certain variances existed, yes -- but the massive variances of P99 are unique.

Many of the non-TMO, non-IB types have done the end-game in the past. Many of us would be glad to do it again. But many of us are here for the classic experience, not the customized end-game that has been created for this server.

People don't whine because they want things they don't deserve. They whine because things here aren't the way they "should" be, as per the stated goals of P99. It's a deliberate change to classic EQ. I'm not saying it's not right: it serves purposes, of course, which is why it is the way it is. But that's why people complain.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long before they too quit and have to be replaced by more clerics who need to spend more obscene amounts of time at ragefire? Your turnover rate has been atrocious for 2 years. It's a never-ending cycle that only a handful of people stick with and the others are replaced, and you opt to keep going as one of that small minority rather than pandering to the majority? You're gonna be at ragefire forever unless things change, dude. You're always recruiting, and it's not because you're awesome to hang out with and the server rules are lovely.
I'm only really arguing about the first 5 ragefires that everyone seems to be pissy about. The 5 clerics listed in the OP post deserve their epic far more than some gnome who's posts I skip cause they make me think I'm reading a child's writing.

I'm sure after those 5 are done, people will have come to something beneficial to everyone as stated by elethia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Due to the nature of the Cleric epic and Ragefire spawn, it is required that Nagafen be killed in order for Ragefire to spawn. The three guilds currently in this rotation are looking at ways to incorporate other guilds/clerics into this agreement once the rotation becomes implemented. At the current rate of Ragefire spawns, without the patch, this is at least 7-8 weeks out. Thoughts and input are welcomed on this point.
-Elethia
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize that a lot of the people that like to talk about "time invested" as a euphemism for poop-socking didn't actually play end-game on Live, so let me explain why people have a problem with the current variances on this server: they're not classic. This "time invested" didn't exist on Live -- it's a product of P99 trying to find a solution to the cluster-fuck of end-game that existed on Live and should exist here. Certain variances existed, yes -- but the massive variances of P99 are unique.

Many of the non-TMO, non-IB types have done the end-game in the past. Many of us would be glad to do it again. But many of us are here for the classic experience, not the customized end-game that has been created for this server.

People don't whine because they want things they don't deserve. They whine because things here aren't the way they "should" be, as per the stated goals of P99. It's a deliberate change to classic EQ. I'm not saying it's not right: it serves purposes, of course, which is why it is the way it is. But that's why people complain.
Firstly, Variance is garbage but their is no other alternative. All it would be is TMO/IB slinging shit at each other over every spawn like this and if I remember right on my live server there was like a 6 month waiting list to get your epic.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3HAEq1F0kX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Banned

Drav, it's followed by posts of "unable to kill trak" or "partake in the poopsock." Ragefire isn't the issue here, it's just where you guys care about the most atm so it's getting the most attention. The same applies to vox, VS, inny, CT, etc. Unless you dump those worthless massive variances you're not fixing the problem. Three guilds came to an agreement about only ragefire and spoke with nobody else then decided to throw it up on the forums. Well done, now how about the rest? Also, the variances don't work. If you want proof take a look at just how many attempts other guilds have gotten in on naggy recently, or VS or just ask them: they won't do it because they don't feel they have to. If you truly wanted competition and to race to targets against other guilds than embrace something like a once-a-week pop with a variance that accounts for timezones but all pops at the same time. The guilds will still tier depending on what they can take and handle rather than how many of them don't have jobs. Currently you're competing against 2 other guilds because the majority of the population has decided you're retarded and you're pounding your chest about how great you are. You are. If these are the rules and will remain the rules then you can keep pounding your chest, nobody here is impressed.
Last edited by Skope; 01-19-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Fire Giant

*If anything comes from VD in any aspect of a deal outside of what our clerics want it'll come from Coldblooded. So any VD tags in this thread or members is just throwing stuff out there*
Last edited by Rais; 01-19-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

I'd like to hear more of Skope's insights into variance and how it pertains to this server. Because mentioning it in every fucking post you make just isn't enough.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ragefire is triggered by Naggy's death. Thus, if the rest of the server isn't happy with TMO/IB's agreement, I give you this.

Thus, the guild that kills Naggy, will have claim to Ragefire. As later in the patch, The following Ragefire's triggered by the before Ragefire, will also be considered that guild's. Unless they fail.

Hmm, wonder who all is in favor of that instead of the agreement.
See, I told you rules-lawyering was second nature to you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Take it a step further, young padawan... all raid mobs are triggered by the death of the previous instance of that raid mob, therefore...

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, I told you rules-lawyering was second nature to you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Take it a step further, young padawan... all raid mobs are triggered by the death of the previous instance of that raid mob, therefore...
Like the retard Baub before you, the reading comprehension is reaching dangerously low levels.
Closed Thread