Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

Default Crushbone Belts

Hey Guys,

I've just started on the server and I'm currently at level 8 with HE Enchanter. When I hit level 7 I used about 12 of the CB belts I'd saved to push me straight to lvl 8, thinking going from 7 to 8 with lvl 4 spells would be a pain otherwise. I'm almost to lvl 9 now, and I've got about 30 belts saved. My intent was to turn them all in when I hit level 11 to push me up to 12. Now I've started to worry that I'll hit lvl 11 and find the quest trivia or some such.

So, my questions:

Is there an efficient level to use CB belts, or do they give a flat amount of xp regardless?
Is there a level CB belts become trivia?
Is this a good plan, or would I be better off turning in the belts right away and getting into a higher lvl group?

Any thoughts?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:25 AM
Orc

You could sell the belts for around 3p each for spell funds. I think I read the turnings stop being good at 14.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

saving for a boost at 11 isn't a bad plan, they work fine up to 14. I've used them up to 16 plenty, though the lego pads work much nicer once you can start soloing them.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Aviak

I always sold mine. As a new player its one of the easier ways to make plat. Helped me afford a set of Cured Silk Armor and a Wus Quivering Staff on my Monk. Levels come by pretty quick in Crushbone.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Lego pads are good til about 18, CB belts are good until about 13ish. However, depending on your situation, you might find that you'd rather have 90+ plat in your pocket. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Large Bat

I considered selling them but so far I've been able to afford my spells. The equipment upgrades I could buy don't seem like it would make up for the hours I'd need to spend in a good xp group (and the overhead in finding one) to make that same xp.

I could be undervaluing equipment but it seems to me that it just doesn't matter that much yet. I couldn't get enough hp/ac gear to keep me alive if things go south, a bigger mana pool doesn't really decrease my downtime and as a HE with 25 points to charisma resists and mez breaks don't seem to be a problem. Though charm may change that last one.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I considered selling them but so far I've been able to afford my spells. The equipment upgrades I could buy don't seem like it would make up for the hours I'd need to spend in a good xp group (and the overhead in finding one) to make that same xp.

I could be undervaluing equipment but it seems to me that it just doesn't matter that much yet. I couldn't get enough hp/ac gear to keep me alive if things go south, a bigger mana pool doesn't really decrease my downtime and as a HE with 25 points to charisma resists and mez breaks don't seem to be a problem. Though charm may change that last one.
Well in that case, all the advice I have received says that the pads and belts are good till 14.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

I would find it hard to believe that you would do the turn in for MAYBE 2 levels for 90 plat. Enchanters have the most spells of ANY class in EQ. Take the money and run. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Kobold

I got about 2% turning 40ish in on my necro at 52 so yeah you will still get good exp at 11. I liked to save em up until i was full and bank was full before making a run.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

I would turn them in. My advice as an Enchanter is get to level 16 for Breeze ASAP. You can always go back to CB at 16 and farm more belts/pads to sell them for profit. Or you can choose to farm bone chips and sell them for ~10pp per stack.

If you need help getting a Breeze scroll either send me a tell or PM me.
Closed Thread