Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Skeleton

I also hit F9 twice to get the behind view, then zoomed out with the Delete key. Then I went into the Mouse options and selected Invert Y Axis. Makes for a decent ghetto 3rd person view. But yeah, thing is your character has seizures when you turn with your mouse.

Since there's no built in Framerate limiting like the newer clients have, I also had to edit the eqw.ini to cap the fps by editting MaxFPS=30 so the turning on the X axis wasn't assfuck slow. Seems to help a bit, not as fast as I would like and it fucks up sometimes after alt-tabbing by going back to slow turning mode.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleekitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to sound like a broke record but...You guys are installing it directly on your C drive right? C:\EQMac not C:\Program Files\EQMac or any other variation. I had similar problems until I moved it to C.

Bleh, Having no mouse scroll/3rd person view is painful. Back in the day I played in first person, but now it feels wrong/inferior.
worked for me thanks!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go into EQClient.ini and edit it. The client is having a hard time reading your RAM and it bugs out.

also, gtx 550 ti blud brothas
I suck with computers and this kind of thing, what exactly do I edit?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

OMG YES! The resource folder thing was the issue, much <3
Old 02-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Aviak

So...I'm not sure how much time and effort I would spend on this server. According to someone on FOH, the PC workaround will probably be fixed/removed soon. It will be interesting to see if they come out with a legit patcher. I guess for now play for fun, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't last. I don't know if this information is reliable, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote:
Windows patcher being fixed soon (*very* legit source). Hobart considers it a hack and apparently there is a tested Ghost Kill working thanks to the Windows Patcher. Pretty fucked up I hope they do close the Windows Patcher asap and if there is ALREADY a Ghost Kill then I doubt they will ever officially release a windows patcher and fuck why do people have to be so selfish and ruin it for everyone else? I mean fuck I've done my fair share of hacking in my day but only in modern eq when nobody gave a fuck cuz the game was dead. Hacking on EQMac is just fucked up... go fucking play elsewhere if you're gonna hack.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned

Goliath - the epitome of reliable sources. Just kidding he is a drug-addled mess!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Kobold

Highly doubt it.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he is a drug-addled mess!
QFT
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I just hope they find a way to allow a PC client and still include their anti-hacking measures they have on PC servers.

Shutting down the current PC client is lame.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

I was able to setup and log in on a PC (AMD CPU no less) with little issue. Its pretty sweet. You can be pretty sure they will patch this out eventually. The server was intended to be truely MAC and now that its F2p, I'm sure they don't want a ton of free loaders on a non-marketplace server. They'd rather push us to a true live server so they can grab some cash occasionally from us.

If you really want to play on it, I'd recommend looking into setting up a hackintosh. A Mac OSX VM may suffice as well. Just incase they do patch PC exploit support out down the road and you're not left in the dark suddenly.

I did notice the population is way lower than here on p99 last night. Seemed like about or a little more than half. I couldn't find more than 15 of any one single class from /who all <class>