Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Orc

I have a level 64 warrior (decently geared) and a level 61 cleric, if anyone needs help.

I haven't played in a while (got rid of my old Mac), but am back online!

Toss me a message in-game, Gremm or Porkie.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

I can't stand the mouse shit playing on windows. Such a a shame because a locked POP server with difficult end game encounters (maybe impossibru?) sounded fun.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks to those who posted directions for this. Got mine working quite easily and it's running great. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you don't use any weird special characters on password creation. QWERTZ <-> QWERTY made me go crazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet that's it, I forgot my password for the station can't have my usual * in it and I think I was trying to log in with it still in there. Will try when I get home, thanks.

Edit: Yep! Got it working. Now I gotta figure out eqwin, I'd prefer not to use it but I guess we have to.
Last edited by JerseyFresh609; 03-01-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Can't scroll out to 3rd person
Graphic Glitches
Forced EQWin
No second hotbar
Etc. etc.

Was interested in playing a legit PoP server but there's just to much that I don't like. I think I will stick to P99.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

wow very weird i cannot find eqw.exe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

i only have eqgame.exe no eqw.exe so i changed it to admin try to run it and it says please rerun eqgame.exe
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

This thread should probably moved to off topic by now.

Anyways, has anyone else had issues with dropping from chat channels using this client? For example, that server's main serverwide channel is 'alliance'. Players are encouraged to "/autojoin alliance" to be able to cope with the small population, find groups, trade, and be informed of rotting loots.

Currently, everytime I re-log in or zone, It will stay connected for 10-20 seconds before disconnecting, without any sort of d/c message; it just goes silent.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you don't use any weird special characters on password creation. QWERTZ <-> QWERTY made me go crazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did a fresh install following Vallhalla's steps. Trying to log in I get the 0009 error and have a password with just numbers and alphabet characters. Is anyone else getting this? Was the windows log in disabled or am I missing something?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did a fresh install following Vallhalla's steps. Trying to log in I get the 0009 error and have a password with just numbers and alphabet characters. Is anyone else getting this? Was the windows log in disabled or am I missing something?
I am getting this as well now. This morning I could log in without issue. Hopefully they didn't patch this exploit.

Looks like others can't log in over at eqmac.com
Last edited by moklianne; 03-02-2012 at 10:22 PM..